Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
some advice

Some advice
Iv got 1.4 j its fine for what i use it for as family car but just want bit more go can change car as we have a 8month old taking the money lol. Was just wondering would a tuning box give me a bit more umf off the mark as when on the duel carriageway traffic lights it would help

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tuning box will only be useful if it's a diesel turbo. Even then they do tend to cause DPF issues. You'd be better off with a pedal box which sharpens pedal response dramatically. No extra horses but much better to drive.
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Would advise going for a reputable company that does remaps as tuning boxes are just generic and every car behaves differently, a decent tuning company will put a map on the car and tweak it to how the car is behaving.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yea but it will be more expensive, and maybe not worth the money.
I guess Mspencer has the non-turbo engine. No turbo, no fun. You won't gain a lot by remapping a non-turbo engine. Unless maybe he has the 87 BHP one.
But you'll have to find a company that does them, not all do I think. I didn't come up with any after a very quick Google search.

I have the 1.7 CDI with factory sports mode, which sharpens pedal response like marcus explained and gives a sportier experience, and that is a great alternative. Makes the car more fun to drive, but doesn't change the available BHP. I don't know about the pedal boxes but I noticed a lot of guys on here have it so you'll want there experience, but I guess they give the same effect.
Just the nom turbo but the 100bhp 1.4

I was looking at
Chip Tuning Box PRO RACING OBD BLACK SERIES Vauxhall Astra J 1.4 Twinport 100 HP PETROL https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7QCEDG/r...oAbTHA8CE2

I don't trust those things and I think you will waste your money on that. Certainly if you already have the 100 BHP version.
But I'll let the others with more experience on this give you some more information
Thanks i just dunno witch is best to do

Found some companies here in Belgium/Netherlands that do custom chiptuning of that engine, and they only claim an increase in BHP of max 13bhp.
So if they can't do it, that standard plug-in box with some suspicious software on it won't either. I wouldn't trust that. Keep the money for something else

Your best, quickest, easyest, safest bet is a pedal box I think..
Yep pedal box it is i thank thank you. As i said it just to give it abit of umf to get it going

Just realised it was non turbo lol, if that's the case I wouldn't bother mapping it or even pedal box as the gains will be absolute minimal would spend your money on something else to be honest mate.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Stop Vehicle Immediately Engine Has Overheated" Advice appreciated please Dennis S 25 38,665 30:th-Aug-2020, 13:56:18
Last Post: Rgotts00
  I bought a used GTC! - Fantastic car but a few issues i could do with advice about Mattymush 5 3,375 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:45:59
Last Post: Rusty2009
  SVS - Battery advice shabba 2 2,021 2:nd-Mar-2020, 21:09:49
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear Light Replacement (Need Advice) A.ROD 2 4,923 17:th-Dec-2018, 19:17:48
Last Post: A.ROD
  Tow bar advice Martz66 6 3,939 8:th-Nov-2018, 18:37:44
Last Post: Martz66
  GTC body kit, color advice needed twinpipes 3 4,131 5:th-Aug-2017, 12:03:36
Last Post: gregj
  Tire advice jdkm01 6 5,580 9:th-Jun-2017, 09:02:31
Last Post: marcus01
  Lowering & widening advice please. ronnierae 8 6,313 17:th-May-2017, 22:35:56
Last Post: Jon_es
  Looking to buy an Astra-J, after some genuine owner advice. Vx-Mad-G 59 25,823 5:th-Mar-2017, 23:32:34
Last Post: RodgerH
  Advice please! KierranBond 7 5,150 8:th-Feb-2017, 07:46:08
Last Post: J1ODYA