Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
pictures? any gtc hid kit

HID KIT gtc any pictures?
Hi, i want my astra gtc headlights converted to led's so i need a HID kit, i dont no anything about them so i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of them on there gtcs and a link to the kits they got? i have been quoted £96 to fit them but i need to buy the kit myself first, any help would be apprecitated
thanks
james
I fitted a kit which a customer supplied so not sure what kit it was.

You will need to make sure you use a 35W kit though otherwise your face problems.

A kit like this
https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/new-premiu...us-system/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
OK thanks that looks good what are the colour temp though? I want them like white but with a slight blue tint, like new minis have (girlfriend has one an I like the colour on hers haha)

Also that one you just sent me how do u no it fits a gtc? And in the description it says it's for off road use and show purpose so r they road legal? Sorry for all the questions but I really don't have a clue haha
These were 5000K so white 6000k is white with a hint of blue.

I always advise no higher than 5000k as light output starts to reduce the higher you go.

9012 is the GTC bulb type that's how I know they fit the GTC, most HID kit's say they are for off road use, this is mostly because people fit them in a halogen reflective lamp which scatters the light pattern blinding on-coming drivers.

On the GTC you have projector lamps which is fine for HID's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
OK thanks I have just looked at a chart for the colour temps, just debating now weather to try an fit them myself or get someone to do it had a quote for £96 but am unsure if I'd b able to do it myself, thanks for all the help
We have too on how to do it

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-GTC-HID-How-to

but the pics have been gobbled up by Photobucket.

But I have made a back-up of the how-to so I'll get that sorted for you but it's really easy & getting the 9012 bulbs you don't have to trim them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
airainchoc (7:th-Jul-2023, 10:29:56)