VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: HID KIT gtc any pictures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i want my astra gtc headlights converted to led's so i need a HID kit, i dont no anything about them so i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of them on there gtcs and a link to the kits they got? i have been quoted £96 to fit them but i need to buy the kit myself first, any help would be apprecitated Smile
thanks
james
I fitted a kit which a customer supplied so not sure what kit it was.

[Image: Martins%20Hid%20kit.jpg]

You will need to make sure you use a 35W kit though otherwise your face problems.

A kit like this
https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/new-premiu...us-system/
OK thanks that looks good what are the colour temp though? I want them like white but with a slight blue tint, like new minis have (girlfriend has one an I like the colour on hers haha)

Also that one you just sent me how do u no it fits a gtc? And in the description it says it's for off road use and show purpose so r they road legal? Sorry for all the questions but I really don't have a clue haha Smile
These were 5000K so white 6000k is white with a hint of blue.

I always advise no higher than 5000k as light output starts to reduce the higher you go.

9012 is the GTC bulb type that's how I know they fit the GTC, most HID kit's say they are for off road use, this is mostly because people fit them in a halogen reflective lamp which scatters the light pattern blinding on-coming drivers.

On the GTC you have projector lamps which is fine for HID's.
OK thanks I have just looked at a chart for the colour temps, just debating now weather to try an fit them myself or get someone to do it had a quote for £96 but am unsure if I'd b able to do it myself, thanks for all the help Smile
We have too on how to do it

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-GTC-HID-How-to

but the pics have been gobbled up by Photobucket.

But I have made a back-up of the how-to so I'll get that sorted for you but it's really easy & getting the 9012 bulbs you don't have to trim them.