Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
led oem j headlights strip astra upgrade

OEM Led strip headlights upgrade. Astra J
I was driving along today and a red astra J pre facelift 59 plate had the new style led strip in the headlight.

Is this an upgrade or where they available from new from the beginning.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The come as standard on the car's with AFL but other that that as far as I knew they only started doing the LED's on none AFL equipped cars recently.
What's afl?

Antdawe Wrote:What's afl?

AFL is the short for Adaptive Forward Lights. They are the lights that automatically adjust for the speed your traveling at. They also turn with your steering wheel and a few other things.
I see.

So is there any way to upgrade to LED then? Are they the same fit? Or is it too much work

Rusty is currently trying to retro fit the full AFL function on his car. You can however either fit LED bulbs as some people have done or possible get some lights that come as an option on the Ecoflex model. That have the LED strip as the DRL but normal Halogen lights.
Would they fit? Just a straight swap is it?

I'd assume they should be a straight swap as the only difference between the eco flex and standard lights is the LED drl's but to be sure it would be worth checking with somebody who has access to EPC or the wiring diagrams.

AFL's on the other hand require a bit more work and as of yet nobody has successfully retro fitted them.
Would they fit? Just a straight swap is it?

The led halogen units should be a straight swap mate.

the xenons won't be.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks both. They make hell of a difference visually IMO. If any of you see a set going please think of me.

Will do I don't like them tbh they look odd and the led looks out of place but each to their own .
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
they will fit but they also need the factory ballasts with them
i have also been told you will get error message for the DRL check light
but he never said that he had the ballasts fitted or not so they may well get rid of the errors if you get them as well
Excuse me for being a bit silly but what are ballasts??

the led bulbs have a lower load than a standard bulb the ballasts correct this so no error messages show
by fooling the canbus into thinking the bulbs are the correct load type
Good to know. What do they look like should I see some headlamps??

the factory ones look like this
http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&ai=CeG...type%3Dpla

i am not sure were they are mounted on to the headlights or just near them ?
also cables may be needed
I would think they would be mounted underneath just like the ballasts for the xenon units.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
thread moved

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dipped Headlights queries Michael C 1 769 26:th-Dec-2023, 13:07:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,542 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
  Cd400 to nav500 upgrade. tucpal 266 243,550 31:st-Aug-2021, 19:57:38
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,079 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,590 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,810 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,901 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,038 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,164 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Stereo upgrade options Amazingusername 6 10,476 9:th-Feb-2021, 14:07:41
Last Post: loeb