Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
garage back order parts through

Back-order parts through garage
Has anyone had any experience with waiting times for parts that are on back-order through a garage? It is a vauxhall garage if that influences anything. I've been waiting for 8 weeks now for a new front bumper for my 2017 GTC Ltd Ed after a minor accident. I realise that the bumper has the styling from the VXR and as such might not be as easy to get, i just thought that 8 weeks was a long time for a new model.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.
Back orders can take months you have to wait till vauxhall do a production run of that part.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've never worked for Vauxhall
but
I've worked for quite a few others (Honda ,Mitsubishi, Volvo, VW etc) and a couple of dealer approved bodyshops. - usually back order stuff took 2 weeks even if stock had to come from europe (stuff from Japan could take months though)

just a thought - has the bumper been placed on a "stock" order?
it should be quicker if they change it to a "vor" (or urgent) order as this will get priority at the factory
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure what state the order is, I ring them every couple of weeks to get an update so I'll try and ask when I next talk to them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Spare Parts carlos180 1 4,641 18:th-Nov-2018, 09:26:52
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Parts for passenger seat bhalay207 3 3,769 25:th-Mar-2017, 09:10:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  GTC in a garage (fit !!) neilll 37 14,291 2:nd-May-2016, 18:42:31
Last Post: neilll
  Garage scratched my wheels. pope30 3 5,363 14:th-Jun-2015, 21:02:52
Last Post: Nickmagicfingers1981