Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vehicle sorry service soon

Service Vehicle Soon (sorry)
Get this message every time I start the car. I know its not a service light but warning of a fault. It started middle of last week. Not done anything to the car and it drives and starts as it always has. I've used a OBD II Bluetooth reader with 2 different apps and got NO error codes at all. I've also tried another OBD II which has a hand held reader and got no error codes. Any ideas what could be happening. Also is there I simple error I could cause just to see if the 2 readers I've been using are working properly. Thanks in advance. 11plate, 1.7 diesel, Elite.
Get a proper reader on it, an op-com or an MDI using GDS2 too many people are relaying on these cheap one fits all code readers and they just don't work.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Last year I had the SVS message. My mate's wifi code reader connected to his iPhone works fine on his Mondeo, but didn't pick up any errors on my Astra.

My Op-Com picked up the fault straight away, which turned out to be a faulty glow plug on cylinder No.2.

It could be anything, and guesswork was never a reliable method of fault diagnosis. However as yours is a diesel, and the weather has recently turned colder, my bet is that it's a faulty glow plug(s). Some problems occur at different times of the season. Usually aircon problems when it gets warmer, and glow plugs when it gets colder.

Ultimately get the fault code read out. Maybe someone on here lives near you and will read out the codes for beer money. Why not put out a shout.
Thanks for the replys. I got the car plugged into a laptop and as predicted op-com came up with the fault
P037E- Glow Plug Control Module Feedback Circuit Low Voltage.
(00)- Present
Not sure what the second line means. So my next question is are the glow plugs easy to get to and can they be tested in situe or do I need to remove them. Would I need any special tools and is there anything I need to be aware of before I start.
Thanks in advance.
http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...pl_or_lpv/

The plugs are located on the back of the engine above the cylinder head. have to remove the engine cover.
http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...l_and_lpv/

Module
http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...placement/

You need to be aware they could snap if they are tight what you could do is when the engine is hot spray some WD40 around each plug and leave it work in (do this a few times) it should help.

When refitting use some copper grease (a very small amount)

You would have to test them off the car really in a vice.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks for all your help. All sorted now. Swapped glow plugs, cleared error all's fine now. Right so now I've got op-com on my laptop what else can I do. Is there a section which covers this anywhere.
Extra menus on the IPC. Program new keys.

It's quite limited as to what you can do on the new cars but it's good for reading and clearing fault codes.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service ESP issue markmc68 0 5,890 1:st-Nov-2017, 07:45:41
Last Post: markmc68

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Craig_Marvin (26:th-Apr-2024, 17:56:27)