Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
pedal alloy vxr covers

Alloy vxr pedal covers

A Real nice and Cheap easy to do Upgrade
The Alloy VXR Pedal Covers.

These Covers are Genuine Vauxhall Alloy Covers
Found on the Insignia VXR
they have never Officially ever Been on the Astra J
but they do fit the Astra j and the GTC.

Part numbers

Clutch Pedal... GM, 1901778
Brake pedal... GM, 1902778
accelerator... GM, 1901780

Do not but Astra H ones.  

there very simple to fit A 5 minute job
just pull the old ones off
and Put the new ones Back on.

And the Results look Amazing
these Pedals Covers come up on eBay all the Time
Under the Title of Astra J or Insignia VXR or Sport Pedals
they sell on Average for around £30
For a used Set in very Good Condition
so Don't be Spending Stupid money
as said Above a 5 min job and Looks Amazing.

There are also Sets for the Auto Models but they are Rare
but they do Come up every now and Again.

I there again not sure if I'm posting in rite place I want to change my brake clutch and accelerator pedal covers what's recommended and to buy them A big thanks to you all I'm sure I'll get better as I go along GAZ316
Ebay is the best bet but can't see any on there at the minute. Real Easy to fit as the just pull off and new ones fit on.
a few sets for sale on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-GM-VXR...35e4f90a79

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-GM-VXR...35e528516e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-GM-VXR...259ffbb83a
another set here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261783655456?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Didn't want to open a new thread about a silly question....
Any ideas how to unplug throttle connector? Is there a clip I should press? I ve been trying for about half an hour but with no luck.... there is not much room back there
Here are some pics of the connector

The red tab pulls out mate if you have a small flat head there is a cutout on the bottom or top which you put it in to help pull it out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-May-2015, 19:26:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: The red tab pulls out mate if you have a small flat head there is a cutout on the bottom or top which you put it in to help pull it out.

Thanks mate, I ll try this tommorow
No probs mate have a look at this thread it has some pics

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW-...OX-ASTRA-J
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
do the H pedals fit the J? The prices on the pay for a set of J alloy pedals have gone crazy lol!!
There is a chap the Astra owners page does them for £25-30 posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(13:th-Jan-2016, 21:27:36)Rusty2009 Wrote: There is a chap the Astra owners page does them for £25-30 posted

Where is that mate? Also do the H fit the J if so they are a decent price on eBay. If not the price is crazy like £50 difference lol.
the h is different but also look for insignia ones they fit
(13:th-Jan-2016, 22:01:29)tucpal Wrote: the h is different but also look for insignia ones they fit

cheapest is £87 lol...

EDIT nvm seen some for £40 now Thanks mate
there is a set here mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-GM-VXR...SwabhUWl5t
Only issue is they look the part...but the little bit of rubber that comes through those holes wears down quite quick I've found and then you're stuck with no grip! Nothing else to do them but get rid of them I think...

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(13:th-Jan-2016, 22:21:02)tucpal Wrote: there is a set here mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-GM-VXR...SwabhUWl5t

Yup they were the ones in my edit lol. Still interested in the ones @rusty2009 was on about though as hey are cheaper

@sheppy1 - haven't had that problem yet mate. I took the set out of my old GTC before this one and they were 3 years old and are still as good as new when I put them in this one. Plus I took my silver door pins lol!!
@Kris I think the guys name is Michael Dolan on the Facebook page who sells the pedals.

(14:th-Jan-2016, 00:36:14)Tonto Wrote: @Kris I think the guys name is Michael Dolan on the Facebook page who sells the pedals.

Is he the one in the astra H owners group? is he selling the J pedals or the H mate? thanks for the heads up.

No worries mate found him in the astra etc owners group. is he trust worth? as i see he only takes bank transfers, which of course gives no protection.
(14:th-Jan-2016, 02:05:07)Kris Wrote:
(14:th-Jan-2016, 00:36:14)Tonto Wrote: @Kris I think the guys name is Michael Dolan on the Facebook page who sells the pedals.

Is he the one in the astra H owners group? is he selling the J pedals or the H mate? thanks for the heads up.

No worries mate found him in the astra etc owners group. is he trust worth? as i see he only takes bank transfers, which of course gives no protection.

No one's had any issue's with him mate a few have posted saying how good he is. IIRC @DC_Elite got a set off him too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Agree with Rusty, not bought anything from him but others have left good feedback!

I can vouch for him. I got my set from him.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

(14:th-Jan-2016, 02:05:07)Kris Wrote:

I can vouch for him. I had my set from him.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Cheers lads ill get a set as he's much cheaper than everyone else.
Hi there lads,

As some of you may know I'm from Portugal, as so my Astra J Sports Tourer is Left Hand Drive.

I didn't know that the accelerator pedals were different from LHD to RHD, and because of that I've bought a set of this from Michael Dolan on Facebook (he was a great by the way!).

But now the accelerator cover doesn't fit on mine accelerator pedal :(

Do you know if I can swith the LHD pedal to a RHD pedal? As I can find loads of them on ebay!

Is there a reason to the pedals be different??

Thanks!
Anyone can help me with this?

I can't find on the internet if the pedals are equal or not ?
They should not be I would have thought
I could be wrong but I think the tourer has a different accelerator pedal to the hatchback

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Amigo, aconteceu-me o mesmo e tenho um gtc. Vende isso. Os pedais de aceleradores sao diferentes da vauxhall para opel

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
(16:th-May-2016, 00:59:46)Jonika21 Wrote: Amigo, aconteceu-me o mesmo e tenho um gtc. Vende isso. Os pedais de aceleradores sao diferentes da vauxhall para opel

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

In English please.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Does anybody know a good seller on eBay for the pedal covers please?

(I'm not on Facebook so cannot use the other guy previously mentioned)
Regards,
Neill

GTC [1.6 CDTi 16V SS ecoFLEX Limited Edition]
Hi mate.
I sell these on the Facebook page for £30 delivered by recorded post.
Pm me if you want a set.
Cheers
(16:th-May-2016, 10:34:11)M1C VX Wrote: Hi mate.
I sell these on the Facebook page for £30 delivered by recorded post.
Pm me if you want a set.
Cheers

Hi,
Sent you a PM

Cash waiting if they are new/unused
Regards,
Neill

Sorry mate. I've sent you a message. I wasn't getting notifications of posts. I think I've set it so I do now.
(26:th-Jun-2016, 12:38:19)M1C VX Wrote: Sorry mate. I've sent you a message. I wasn't getting notifications of posts. I think I've set it so I do now.

No worries, I have post notification problems on this forum too....sometimes I get them and sometimes I dont.

I've replied to your PM by the way
Regards,
Neill

I've mailed you mate. Not sure if you got it
Won't let me send a PM. Are you still selling sets of pedals?
Yes. Still got them. £30 delivered
I don't have PayPal.
Bank transfer or collection from Glasgow
Collection from Glasgow would suit depending where about you are.
G75 OBH is nearest landmark.
I've just got hold of a set of these but the accelerator one is a bit worrying as on the left top edge, the rubber sticks out slightly as theres nowhere for it to slot into, just won't sit flush. Is that normal?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO FIT A PEDAL BOX, ASTRA J. tucpal 24 29,221 30:th-Jul-2019, 17:01:36
Last Post: param84
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,734 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 12,380 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
marktourino (1:st-Jun-2023, 07:26:02)