Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sensors reverse after market

After market Reverse sensors
Cool! So just goes on there then like I said yeah? Will try maplins for this wire any old speaker wire will do yeah?

Don't suppose anyone knows which stuff I should get from maplins do they? I've been looking for like 10 mins now and can't seem to find just basic red and black speaker wire! :(

Nvm, found it! just dunno what amp wire i need now...?

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

5 amp will do mate and you need a 10mm nut
Cheers dude! That's the stuff I just got from maplins along with the circle ground thing. Balls! I forgot about the nut :-/ will have to see if I can find one lying around

Is this one or the points under the boot compartment thay I can use to feed the wires through to the bumper? Seems there are 4 of them

Also is this the wire i need to be splicing into? It's in the left side boot lid

First issue! I managed to lose the plug part of the power cable inside the boot lid and can't find it :-/

That was silly
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I know :( haha. Was trying to feed the wire down the boot lid into the cubby hole and it fell off! Reckon I can manually wire them into the control panel without the clip?

Struggling to get this wire into there and through the rubber boot! Ha.

You did a tutorial on ***** didn't you mate on how to get the black boot plastic off...do you still have the photos or is there a tutorial on here I'm missing? Wanna try and find that clip lol

Sorted mate! Well I've recovered the clip and working the wire through the boot now

Okay all done! Managed to feed the wire through the boot trim and then down through the rubber boot and into the left hand side cubby hole.

I have loads of photos for a tutorial when I'm done too

Just another thing though...I bought some of these things for wiring the earth cable to the car but they're very very hard to crimp shut! I've just spent 10 mins doing it on a spare cable I had lying around and finally have it secure (I think). Can someone confirm that it looks safe and that I'll be okay to take this piece of wire and splice it onto the wore already coming out of the control unit for the parking sensors?

Thanks

Can't wait to see the how to mate, and as for the part you just crimped, as long as it doesn't pull off easily it should be ok right?

Will try and get it up within the next week then mate! doing my best to take as many photos as I can as I go along so thay should help .

And yeah I'd have thought so too but I'm no electrician :P haha

Okay I'm really stuck again :-/ apparently all the sensors Need to be plugged into certain sockets on the control unit and need to go onto certain holes on the car...the issue is that I have no idea which needs to go where as the sensors aren't colour coded to match the pins in the control unit and every sensor has the number 1 on the back...where yours like this @tucpal?

Unless of course it doesn't matter which sensor goes where as long as it matches this guide I got with the device (which now I think about it that's probably the case lol)

Maybe false alarm here

I would just plug them in left to right lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yeah I'm gonna :P ha. Just read something interesting though online on another forum and would be good to know what you guys think before I start drilling!

They said that you shouldn't use the manufacturer guides for drilling the holes as the aftermarket sensors have to be setup in their own locations which are different to the original manufacturer's locations...this sound right??

Some say that where the car manufacture puts them is the pest place for them to be.

When I installed them in my veccy I never had any markings and had to measure them all out.

I will say when you drill them out put your pilot hole from the back then drill from the front and put some masking tape over.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hmmmm fair enough then! Just read a Honda forum and they said they used the original hole indicators and they had no issues.

Cheers mate! Funny you should say that because I was talking to someone at work yesterday about this and he said to do exactly what you just said lol. Although admittedly he didn't know what the masking tap was for haha

It will help the hole saw not slip about more than anything mate.

Like if you want to drill a tile the drill can slip all over the place use masking tape and it will stop the drill slipping.

If you were cutting a kitchen worktop it would help reduce the chipping of the finish layer.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hmmmm I see where you're coming from but with me already having a pilot hole then it wouldn't slip around much anyway would it as I'd put the tip of the drill bit into that hole to stop it moving around.

Anyone know what these are for that came with the sensors? No mention of them in the pamphlet it came with:

the hole saw has teeth and it can still slip until it's got a bite

I would say they go on the back to secure them in place.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Got ya! Thanks I'll do as ya suggested then . Maybe! They sit loosely though so not sure :-/. Local handy man gave me a 10mm (6mm hole) nut for free for the earth wire bolt

Okay guys! All done had one small mishap where the wind blew the bumper across the road which scratched it up :(

Anyway they look and work great!!

I have loads of info and photos for the how to that I'll do when I get a minute.

Any idea if the plastic rings I posted are needed to seal them?? Don't want them breaking because they get water in them because I didn't use the plastic circles :-/

I'd have thought they were to seal the sensors to prevent water getting in.

Looks great mate, well done. Can't wait to see the hoe to as I may even give it a go myself

Yeah I'd have thought that too but they made them stand our by like half a cm! Was really noticeable and tbh didn't seal them a great deal either :-/

It wasn't TOO hard, just a bit fidgety at times but not too bad will try and do the how to asap

Maybe goes on the back of bumper/ sensor?? I'm just guessing though mate. Don't worry about rushing to get it done for me mate, I haven't got any sensors yet, still deciding if I want front as well haha

Don't think so because they were colour coded so must be meant for the outside...ha okay, it's worth doing but only of you have a good few hours to do it and don't mind the messing around of removing the bumper which was the hard part for me!

I'd love to have a go myself but because I've never done it before I'd worry haha.

Looking good mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'd never done it before either :P wasn't that hard and should be even easier to you with my how to

Well done. Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(2:nd-May-2015, 14:40:44)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking good mate.

Cheers mate! Just concerned about how waterproof they will be and what those rings are for :-/

I think them rings go on the back once they've been fitted to secure them in place.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks @dutton84 and don't think so mate, they fit very loosely and would fall off

Tutorial is up over here:

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...se-Sensors

Are these any good? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0661224258

Well I've heard people recommend that brand before and seems to be the same as mine...but that one appears to have some sort of dial for adjusting something...either way, look good to me!

i never had the rings i would of thought they were lock rings
and my sensors were numbered 1 to 4
i will look at the other issue tomorrow
and well done
Hmmmm that is weird then! Mine were all just numbered "1" as I say. Do your sensors sit completely flush like mine do too?

What was the other issue again? :P haha and thanks mate and thanks for your help too

(30:th-Apr-2015, 20:46:59)sheppy1 Wrote: Also I know it's hard to tell but...do you guys think these sensors actually match the car colour? I know it's hard to tell on photos but can't really tell myself tbh

Hi @sheppy1,

What colouri s your car mate? It looks grey in your sig photo but the photios above look very simillar to mine which is Waterworld Pearlescent.... Just wondering if yours is the same as mine, which colour sensors you went for?.

Cheers,
(31:st-Jul-2017, 16:39:59)ajk1985 Wrote:
(30:th-Apr-2015, 20:46:59)sheppy1 Wrote: Also I know it's hard to tell but...do you guys think these sensors actually match the car colour? I know it's hard to tell on photos but can't really tell myself tbh

Hi @sheppy1,

What colouri s your car mate? It looks grey in your sig photo but the photios above look very simillar to mine which is Waterworld Pearlescent.... Just wondering if yours is the same as mine, which colour sensors you went for?.

Cheers,
Mins definitely grey asteroid or technical grey vauxhall call it depending on the year but they're both the same. I can't recall which sensor colour I went for, was just whichever grey they had I think

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi 650 bluetooth and reverse camera mislav_os 30 21,438 9:th-Jun-2021, 16:08:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Parking sensors. Spud7997 21 9,077 15:th-Dec-2020, 20:54:36
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Auto-reverse mirror positions umognog 2 3,144 30:th-May-2019, 17:09:21
Last Post: zaapp

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:23:15)