Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gtc rust

GTC Rust
Hi all, I have a 2015 GTC 1.6 CDTI has anyone else had a problem with rust on the roof line between the front windscreen and roof line?
Would this be still covered under warranty?

Attached Files
  IMG_2683.JPG (Size: 39.2 KB / Downloads: 22)
I think VX might just say that they are stone chips that have now rusted?

I've had two GTC's, current one a 2015 VXR from new, previous a 63 plate 1.6T, both no rust at all.
Unless things have changed:

Paint warranty - 12 months from 1st registration.

Anti perforation warranty - 6 years from 1st registration. Some Vauxhalls used to have up to 10 year and 12 year warranties.

Seeing as neither apply to your problem (car is over 12 months old, and the panel hasn't perforated) then no, it won't be covered by Vauxhall.

And, the vehicle has to be inspected annually, and book stamped on the appropriate page in the service book for the warranty to be vaild.
@srea064 they might be stone chips i dont know only noticed it when washing my car last month and my dad had a insignia that done the same thing

@Big Dave2 thanks for this hmm might have to go and see them to see what they say

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brakes questions - squeaking noise, rust, quality. Dman86 6 7,728 28:th-Jan-2015, 09:57:28
Last Post: Dman86

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (22:nd-Jul-2023, 21:33:59)