Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
programming

programming
Hi All,

New to the forum, I've just upgraded from an Astra  H to Astra J sri.  Wow two different cars. The J drives  hellishly better than the H.

I read  many posts where Tucpal has done  some amazing mods.
This inspired me.  First mod being  Dab Radio,  which I bought and installed. I have tried today using my op com  to enable it but the program box is greyed out.

So is there anyone in the  North East mainly Teesside  area who could enable these and other features  that  can be enabled. 

I'm  really wanting  my Nav 500 flashing to  a Nav 800 or  speed camera PIO added.

Thanks in Advance

Aks
The op-com is very limited. There is one person in Liverpool and myself in Bournemouth that can do programming.

Adding DAB will require to visits as you need to have a VCI requested.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(29:th-Apr-2017, 06:44:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: The op-com is very limited. There is one person in Liverpool and myself in Bournemouth that can do programming.

Thanks for the  prompt reply. Can you pm me  contact details of who does it in Liverpool as that's nearer to me.
And can I  request and  get the  VCI  in advance.
(29:th-Apr-2017, 12:17:20)Aks72 Wrote:
(29:th-Apr-2017, 06:44:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: The op-com is very limited. There is one person in Liverpool and myself in Bournemouth that can do programming.

Thanks for the  prompt reply. Can you pm me  contact details of who does it in Liverpool as that's nearer to me.
And can I  request and  get the  VCI  in advance.

Yes I PM you now.

No A VCI can't be requested in advance the car has to be plugged on and a VCAP file is created which then uploaded to GM servers.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi all

I made contact with Andy he kindly activated my dab unit yesterday  without the need for  VCI  code, top man.

I now have a problem that i can not tune any stations in. I get the message  searching no station found.

I have  stripped the rear tail gate area and every thing looks good.

I have a CD 500 Navi fitted with a shark fin aerial.
I have all the modules etc needed with cables attached however  the windscreen has two pins one is  connected to module the other one is just a cable going nowhere. this  is  this normal.

I've tried several times to insert piks but  it wont let me.
I do i insert piks?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/f74KK"><a href="//imgur.com/f74KK"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

fm receiver with wires attached:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/1o483"><a href="//imgur.com/1o483"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dab receiver

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/alNxE"><a href="//imgur.com/alNxE"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wire going to shark fin from one of the receivers 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/tvEMV"><a href="//imgur.com/tvEMV"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this wire attached to the screen goes nowhere  is this ment to be like this.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/q6fO1"><a href="//imgur.com/q6fO1"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

another image of the wires attached to the screen.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/2BYt0"><a href="//imgur.com/2BYt0"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I spoke with Andy last night and he has no idea what I was on about, are you sure it wasn't Adam?

I can't see any of your pic's could you re-post them with the correct links?
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...hotobucket
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-May-2017, 07:54:35)Rusty2009 Wrote: I spoke with Andy last night and he has no idea what I was on about, are you sure it wasn't Adam?

I can't see any of your pic's could you re-post them with the correct links?
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...hotobucket

Sorry for any confusion i caused it was Adam  who enabled the Dab for me.
i reposted piks below i hope you can see them this time

where is the single wire going from the rear screen ?

There should be a DAB amplifier there, code ZR

As @Vocky has said that single wire needs to go to a DAB amplifier.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks for your replies lads.

Will I need a third module as I have two already  fitted. One at the top of the tailgate  (MA) and one in the middle near the locking motor ( ZK) see Piks,  there no scope to add any cables to these.

Below I drawn a schematic diagram of the wiring, if needed as chance of a part number

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p402/...1493997495
so I been doing some digging around and if I'm Correct  I'll need another amplifier module for the wire on the screen going nowhere. I've  looked on ebay,  there  are so many. 
when you search "Vauxhall amplifier".  (this bought up the most results) which one do I need I posted some piks

this has one  pin for screen and one farka cable 

http://s346.photobucket.com/user/aks_72/...g.html?o=0

this one i have already have ( ident ZK on my car) fitted this one two pins for screen and two connectors at the base.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p402/...1494073395.

Is it the first one?
you need a DAB amp as shown in your first photo = ZR
I bought a amplifier from ebay as requested fiited it. My dab radio works.
Thank you every who posted and helped.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Couple of programming questions zzattack 8 5,155 1:st-May-2017, 07:05:17
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
takir1 (20:th-Jan-2024, 21:22:06)