Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
questions couple programming of

Couple of programming questions
Got a hold of a genuine MDI so I want to see which of the following are possible.
Maybe everything is very obvious in SPS but I like to be prepared so I can get it done in one session hopefully.

So here's a first few things I'd like to change:
- no annoying reminder beep for seatbelt
- 5 blinks instead of 3 for turn indicator
- enabling parking sensor info in instrument cluster panel

Are these possible and if so, which module should I be looking at?
The first 2 NO not possible.

The second one yes but depends what Display you have etc some only show front sensors. But go into IPC and the select config and program, set to defaults and then change the sensors. You have UD5 & UD7
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks Rusty. I'll figure something out about the seat belt. It's annoying me to no end.
Got a day off tomorrow so gonna give the parking stuff a try then.

Another one: the alarm goes off if I close the door without locking and then come back over a minute later. Very annoying. Can that be changed?
I think the Seatbelt notice is possible to shut down, but not with programming; You have two possibilities:
1 Buy an accessory that is inserted into the seatbelt conector
(2016 Hot Sale 1 Unids Universal Car Seat Belt Buckle Clip Safety Belt Extender Extension Interior Accessories)
Http://s.aliexpress.com/7fuiAVNr
(From AliExpress Android)
2 bridge electrically the contact of the seatbelt conector.
I will probably want to open the unit, find out what signal it sends when it detects seatbelt insertion and only emit that when car is running.
(24:th-Apr-2017, 15:47:32)Rusty2009 Wrote: The second one yes but depends what Display you have etc some only show front sensors. But go into IPC and the select config and program, set to defaults and then change the sensors. You have UD5 & UD7

Couldn't get it to show anything other than "parking help disabled" when I press the button on the dvd800 controls. Tried reconfiguring it a couple of times. 
I do have both front and rear factory fitted. Maybe the IPC needs an update but for that it seems I need some DUNS code. Oh well.
(27:th-Apr-2017, 19:36:49)zzattack Wrote:
(24:th-Apr-2017, 15:47:32)Rusty2009 Wrote: The second one yes but depends what Display you have etc some only show front sensors. But go into IPC and the select config and program, set to defaults and then change the sensors. You have UD5 & UD7

Couldn't get it to show anything other than "parking help disabled" when I press the button on the dvd800 controls. Tried reconfiguring it a couple of times. 
I do have both front and rear factory fitted. Maybe the IPC needs an update but for that it seems I need some DUNS code. Oh well.

Ah you were trying via the radio that won't display the sensors no they are only displayed on the instrument cluster.

Yes you need to be a company and have your company number converted into DUNS number to be approved enhanced access which allows programming of the IPC BCM etc etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yeah correct, done that. Didn't get a mail within 24h which if I understand correctly means they're sending an approval code to the postal address. To be continued.
Yes they will post a letter with a code although they enter the code for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
HID Kit Questions tez162003 4 2,437 25:th-Apr-2020, 07:49:29
Last Post: Rusty2009
  programming Aks72 13 7,615 21:st-May-2017, 00:13:59
Last Post: Aks72