Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
inside water car

Water inside car
Has anyone had problems with water getting inside the car, the footwells, boot, etc, and solved it.

I had a soaking wet foam thing under the spare wheel in the boot (see photo) a week ago. No water anywhere else just in the boot.

I took it out a week ago and put it on the radiator for a day, then put it back under the spare wheel. When I checked today the foam is starting to get wet again from the centre outwards. Has anyone had this and solved it.

I checked under the roof head lining under the roof aerial and it is bone dry, so not coming in from there. Where else can I check.

I may try taking all foam out again, and the spare wheel and jack holder this time, to put in front of the radiator. As the foam was wet from the middle out it could of been the wheel or jack holder was still a bit wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happened to a number of people, the bungs by the tailgate hinges can be prone to letting water through apparantly. I also believe earlier models had poor welding on the tailgate that could cause water ingress.

Rear taillights could let water in if the seal is not on correctly, also water has been known to get through the high level brake light. I have also read that it is possible for water to get in from behind the number plate and under the rear bumper. You could take the trim off from around the tailgate and get someone to spray the rear of the car whilst you sit in the boot and see if you can spot any water penetration.
Ok thanks I may try siliconing a few things up then. Like around those bungs by the tailgate hinges and some welds.

I've been having the same problem and it was caused by the rear seem on the boot floor leaking. Could see the water dripping through the resin like material. I think mine has had a knock when a previous owner was hitching up his trailer, the bumper is rather messy behind the number plate. That might be whats caused the seem to fail on mine.

Also getting some water from the rear hatch lights but I've used instant gasket to rule them out now.
Can't find it now but there is something in the vauxhall workshop manuals about re-sealing the underside of the boot in astra J's where there is water ingress. I believe they raise the car off the floor and look underneath the rear of the car for faulty seals and redo when appropriate. I assume that if it's a known issue they would have to deal with it free of charge. Like I said though it is in the vauxhall workshop manuals somewhere.
Found what you were on about on the Vauxhall workshop.

Yes that's the one, I'm forever looking things up when I read other peoples issues, after a while though you know you have seen it somewhere but just can't pin it down. I usually save mechanical/ servicing pages of interest to my favourites so I can access them quickly when needed.
I may try taping some of the welds/seems with this waterproof duck tape.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water sloshing sound Marc_81 6 4,774 29:th-Nov-2018, 12:22:12
Last Post: Maxniomi
  GTC water collects under rear window Canasta 2 3,737 30:th-Oct-2018, 22:23:04
Last Post: marky79
  Leaking water on driveway Smith-M 7 5,594 18:th-Apr-2018, 10:33:27
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Water Plugs sheppy1 11 6,504 28:th-Jan-2016, 23:19:25
Last Post: sheppy1
  water in rear dutton84 7 5,709 2:nd-Mar-2015, 14:34:17