Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
some cutting help out car need

CAR CUTTING OUT NEED SOME HELP
Hello all recently my car has felt like it has had the occasional misfire but tonight on way home from work it happened repeatedly losing power and almost cutting out while on the moterway there is no warning light on while driving and in cruise control it would lose power and switch cruise control off my car is a 2011 1.7cdti Astra J any help would be appreciated someone said it could be my fuel pump has anyone come across this problem as
When was the fuel filter last changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Quite Some time ago I am putting car in for service tomorrow so I can eliminate the easy stuff first hopefully that's all it is and won't end up an expensive repair
I have had the same problem, and that was the fuel filter. Also an 1.7 cdti Astra J.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk
Yes always to start with the easy stuff.

I think you may find it's the fuel filter so hopefully a service will sort that out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Change the fuel filter every year. I do mine myself easy for a noob to do and cheap as chips.
if not fuel filter then maybe the fuel pump suction control valve or high pressure fuel regulator
both commonly fail but you never know so get it looked at
Had the car serviced and seems to have been fuel filter cars running fine since I got it back will service it every 6 month from now on as do a lot of moterway miles thanks for all your help ??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J Cutting out - no codes chesterman88 1 3,870 13:th-Dec-2018, 20:19:27
Last Post: Rusty2009
  HELP astra j 1.7 cutting out Lsmcdti 3 6,174 21:st-Mar-2018, 02:02:36
Last Post: Mattd123
  HELP astra j 1.7 cutting out Lsmcdti 2 3,868 28:th-Oct-2016, 15:00:45
Last Post: hejhopp123