Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
windscreen insurance

Windscreen Insurance
Hey guys!

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy windscreen insurance on its own? I know it's included with my insurance but I want to know of there are any third party companies out there that actually sell it on its own.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

quick google i found this https://thepolicyshop.co.uk/windscreen-cover
Awesome! Thanks! I actually did go through to page 2 on Google and didn't find that site!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Imo I'd never claim for a windscreen, I had a smart fortwo, I had a cracked windscreen, it was 60 quid to claim and when I checked at renewal it was an extra 30 quid because I claimed for the windscreen, a local company could privately replace it for 120 quid,

If I had claimed with direct line I'd have to declare it for the next 3 years that would be 150 quid, if it was on the usual comparing market etc websites it would be 5 years, so that's 210, so 120 was the better idea, tbh tho even if it was slightly more expensive, I'd always try to go outside insurance as they are tossers
As above you will just end up paying it back as you have to declare it as a claim with whoever you go with next
I had a windscreen replaced on the wife's pug via insurance.

at renewal the company I went with said it doesn't count as claim and didn't want the info of it.

So it paid for me to pay the £70 excess.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
What company was that, imo most companies ask

(16:th-Oct-2016, 14:04:06)tucpal Wrote: As above you will just end up paying it back as you have to declare it as a claim with whoever you go with next

Even if you rang for advice but didn't claim it pushes your price up next time, un less I had to I always try to do things outside insurance. A girl hit the smart car, it was a panel I could get 100 quid ready painted from a garage, as she was a silly tw4t and got the police involved as she thought she was right, we had to claim via insurance,  even tho her insurance claimed full responsibility it still pushes up myour policy daft as my insurance got paid out so they were not out of pocket, they are robbing bar stewards

The garage bill was 600 quid, as they chose to repair and Respray a panel that as I said comes from smart cars direct ready painted for 100 quid, and with it being a smart car is very easy to take off, just need a 2p coin.
New company was Chris knotts (who offer insurance on here).

I also renewed with them again this year as they priced matched to keep us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I work for an insurance company. We permit 1 windscreen claim(max 180 quid) per year without affecting your NCB come renewal time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

I also work for a broker who works with over 200 insurers and we have no limit on windscreen claims, they'll never affect your NCB
To be fair, ncb doesn't really mean a lot when they just stick a nice price increase on your policy anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replace windscreen washer bottle cap ma444 1 1,868 4:th-Oct-2020, 07:51:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  front windscreen carlotwelding 7 3,856 5:th-Feb-2019, 21:35:09
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Windscreen washer jets Rusty2009 26 16,640 8:th-May-2015, 16:32:32
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Windscreen blackout Rusty2009 2 3,497 30:th-Oct-2014, 21:23:45
Last Post: tucpal