Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
box installed tuning of pictures

Pictures of tuning box installed
Hi everyone im going to fit a tuning box but wanted to see if anyone has pictures of where they put cable and how they attached it. Is it ok to cable tie the cable to the fuel lines under the engine cover or is there another route? I have the 2.0 cdti engine.
(19:th-Aug-2016, 07:17:25)chrisb2511 Wrote: Hi everyone im going to fit a tuning box but wanted to see if anyone has pictures of where they put cable and how they attached it. Is it ok to cable tie the cable to the fuel lines under the engine cover or is there another route? I have the 2.0 cdti engine.

I ran the cables to the tuning box around the far side the airbox and fixed the tuning box around the aircon tubing, sorry I cant find any pictures though
(19:th-Aug-2016, 07:30:52)andy2174 Wrote:
(19:th-Aug-2016, 07:17:25)chrisb2511 Wrote: Hi everyone im going to fit a tuning box but wanted to see if anyone has pictures of where they put cable and how they attached it. Is it ok to cable tie the cable to the fuel lines under the engine cover or is there another route? I have the 2.0 cdti engine.

I ran the cables to the tuning box around the far side the airbox and fixed the tuning box around the aircon tubing, sorry I cant find any pictures though

Thanks i dont know where im gonna fit it at moment. Worried about the cable getting in the way of stuff or the heat from the engine damaging it
I put mine behind the engine attached to the rail. Out of sight. Ran the common rail cable under the existing wiring harness.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(21:st-Aug-2016, 09:17:43)marcus Wrote: I put mine behind the engine attached to the rail. Out of sight. Ran the common rail cable under the existing wiring harness.

Have a picture from where you plug it in to where this picture is mate?
Sorry mate I don't.

I'd offer to take a photo for you but I don't have the tuning box installed anymore.

(22:nd-Aug-2016, 09:02:34)marcus Wrote: I'd offer to take a photo for you but I don't have the tuning box installed anymore.

Did you get the car mapped?
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 15:21:27)chrisb2511 Wrote:
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 09:02:34)marcus Wrote: I'd offer to take a photo for you but I don't have the tuning box installed anymore.

Not quite. I was supposed to but the fella doing it couldn't write back to the ecu. I removed the tuning box because I ended up with the car in limp mode and had to take it to the dealer to sort out. (dpf pressure sensor) Decided not to put it back on.

(22:nd-Aug-2016, 15:25:01)marcus Wrote:
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 15:21:27)chrisb2511 Wrote:

Not quite. I was supposed to but the fella doing it couldn't write back to the ecu. I removed the tuning box because I ended up with the car in limp mode and had to take it to the dealer to sort out. (dpf pressure sensor) Decided not to put it back on.

Doesnt fill me with confidence :-/
To put this in perspective, the Racechip worked fine for 10k on their standard factory setting. (B1). I then had the car in for a service where the latest ecu software was loaded. The Racechip appeared to be less effective after this which I put down to an improved ecu map from GM. I then changed the Racechip settings to E2 (power level 2) which made quite a difference. (extra fuel and boost) It ran fine for a few weeks but I think the extra fuelling impacted on the dpf/dpf sensor which ended up with the dealer replacing the sensor/reloading the software, dpf regeneration.

The bottom line is that yes I could well put the Racechip back to the standard settings and see if the limp mode happens again but I think I am done installing/removing the wiring harness for the sake of a few hp/lbft and increased risk

(22:nd-Aug-2016, 16:55:30)marcus Wrote: To put this in perspective,  the Racechip worked fine for 10k on their standard factory setting. (B1).  I then had the car in for a service where the latest ecu software was loaded. The Racechip appeared to be less effective after this which I put down to an improved ecu map from GM. I then changed the Racechip settings to E2 (power level 2) which made quite a difference. (extra fuel and boost) It ran fine for a few weeks but I think the extra fuelling impacted on the dpf/dpf sensor which ended up with the dealer replacing the sensor/reloading  the software, dpf  regeneration.

The bottom line is that yes I could well put the Racechip back to the standard settings and see if the limp mode happens again but I think I am done installing/removing the wiring harness for the sake of a few hp/lbft and increased risk

I never got any fault lights or issues with my two tuning boxes, but, the risk of something going wrong because of the boxes made me remove mine

I then bought a second car, which is much slower than the Astra, so when I drive the Astra it now feels pretty quick !
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 21:03:25)andy2174 Wrote:
(22:nd-Aug-2016, 16:55:30)marcus Wrote: To put this in perspective,  the Racechip worked fine for 10k on their standard factory setting. (B1).  I then had the car in for a service where the latest ecu software was loaded. The Racechip appeared to be less effective after this which I put down to an improved ecu map from GM. I then changed the Racechip settings to E2 (power level 2) which made quite a difference. (extra fuel and boost) It ran fine for a few weeks but I think the extra fuelling impacted on the dpf/dpf sensor which ended up with the dealer replacing the sensor/reloading  the software, dpf  regeneration.

I never got any fault lights or issues with my two tuning boxes, but, the risk of something going wrong because of the boxes made me remove mine

I then bought a second car, which is much slower than the Astra, so when I drive the Astra it now feels pretty quick !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YOUR CARS LETS SEE YOUR CAR. pictures only thread tucpal 138 71,591 19:th-Aug-2021, 22:27:46
Last Post: Dvaltd
  Racechip S Tuning Box Marc_81 2 2,535 2:nd-Jul-2020, 18:38:13
Last Post: badger64
  Tuning Boxes - What have you got and what are your findings bruce_19 19 19,755 25:th-Jan-2019, 13:46:10
Last Post: jason.dexter
  Tuning Iaintruten 2 3,631 16:th-Feb-2018, 18:38:05
Last Post: Iaintruten
Astra J 2013 2.0 - looking to buy pedal box and tuning box! tinkiwinki 18 11,785 11:th-Mar-2017, 18:58:15
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  Tuning Box : Against every fibre in my body.. Olly-Midd 15 10,200 1:st-Sep-2016, 09:59:28
Last Post: Scoobysn7x
  Few Pictures off today ! Jonathaneuk 12 8,672 11:th-Apr-2016, 17:41:25
Last Post: Jonathaneuk
  VCI without installed part sheppy1 7 5,440 30:th-Nov-2015, 13:57:51
Last Post: sheppy1
  My Footwell and puddle lights. Pictures Migwell030744 5 8,908 31:st-Mar-2014, 09:30:49
Last Post: mg3091
  Anyone got any pics of these installed?? Cameron UK 1 3,509 16:th-Mar-2014, 19:51:00
Last Post: tucpal