Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
parking brake

Parking brake
Against the advice of most of you on here I decided to fit a DTUK box to my 2.0 cdti Sri j and was working fine for a few hours then as expected the dashboard imitated a Christmas tree, service vehicle soon was showing intermittently and was going into limp mode with no engine light showing though, removed the box then had it do the same service vehicle soon warning and limp mode about 3-4 times kept stopping and starting the car and then it seemed to be all ok, drove the car for the first time today and now the electronic parking brake keeps biting a bit like the hill start assist and warning of release handbrake keeps appearing I clear it and all is fine but keeps appearing at low speeds, anyone know a fix could I just plug it in to a code reader and clear anything ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the car still in limp mode ??
No no symptoms of limp mode or service soon only the electric brake that's appearing

Sometimes that can happen after limp mode it usually sorts itself out but try pulling the fuse out for 10mins then apply and hold brake up for 10secs then hold it down for 10 secs turn ignition off then back on and try hand brake if that don't work it will be an update via mdi at the dealers
The EML light won't come on even when you go into limp all you get is SVS. you didn't have the box turned upto MAX did you?

Electronic Parking Brake Control Module

Note: Verify the rear brakes are clear of any obstacles before starting the calibration procedure. During the procedure the rear brakes will cycle several times, stay clear of all moving parts until the process is complete.

Perform the Parking Brake Calibration procedure in Module Setup.

Calibration without Scan Tool

1.Ignition ON, apply and hold the brake pedal.
2.Push and hold the electric parking brake switch down for 5-6 seconds.
3.Release the electric parking brake switch.
4.Momentarily push the electric parking brake switch down.
5.Remove the EPB MODULE fuse and reinstall. (Engine fuse-board fuse 29 30A K83 Parking Brake Control Module (J71))
6.Apply the electric parking brake.
7.Release the electric parking brake
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I did have the box on max power for a short amount of time to test it as I couldn't feel any power increase at first, I'm going to have a try with those maybe tomorrow or next weekend see if it works

Making use of this topic, my parking brake, every time I push it, it makes a craking noise because the cable is too tight.

Do you think that this calibration process would do any good to it?

Thanks.
(9:th-Jul-2016, 17:12:42)Starie Wrote: I did have the box on max power for a short amount of time to test it as I couldn't feel any power increase at first, I'm going to have a try with those maybe tomorrow or next weekend see if it works

It deffo won't like being on MAX turn it back down to factory settings and then turn it up a notch each week or 2.

(10:th-Jul-2016, 00:54:21)Doraemon02 Wrote: Making use of this topic, my parking brake, every time I push it, it makes a craking noise because the cable is too tight.

Thanks.

All Elec handbrakes make a creaking noise.

But yes you could try above and see if it helps.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Jul-2016, 08:24:06)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(9:th-Jul-2016, 17:12:42)Starie Wrote: I did have the box on max power for a short amount of time to test it as I couldn't feel any power increase at first, I'm going to have a try with those maybe tomorrow or next weekend see if it works

It deffo won't like being on MAX turn it back down to factory settings and then turn it up a notch each week or 2.

(10:th-Jul-2016, 00:54:21)Doraemon02 Wrote: Making use of this topic, my parking brake, every time I push it, it makes a craking noise because the cable is too tight.

Thanks.

All Elec handbrakes make a creaking noise.

But yes you could try above and see if it helps.

Thanks Rusty

Have done it already and yeah, I felt a little improvement!
moved this post
Just reset and pulled forward and back trying to set it off and seemed to work

On a side note, dtuk have removed their tuning box for the 2.0 Cdti 160/165 from the website. Only offering a pedal box for these models. Mmmm

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I was speaking to DTUK last week, as I couldn't see a tuning box option on the site. The girl I was speaking to said the CRD2+ unit is hit and miss with the 2.0CDTI 160 engine as it will work on some, and not on others. They did say they would offer a 14 day return and if that the box was put on the car and made no difference I would be able to return the box for a refund.

My question is how likely is it that I plug the box in it does nothing, but sets a load of dash lights on?. At £349 Vs £379 for DPF delete and remap I'm edging towards the remap option, but have seen a cheapish 2nd hand CRD+2 box but not sure if it will be more hassle than its worth?
I would be worried about the dpf delete because they are trying to get the MOT exhaust emissions test to incorporate a test to make sure the dpf is working as it should.
Yeah I had seen that, not sure if they will change the rule or not though, maybe a tuning box is a better option if I can find one that will definitely work without issues
I've been using a CR Tech 2 from BlueSpark for over 12 months. Absolutely no issues. Definite saving on fuel when in eco mode and on the middle setting a good increase in power for when I'm towing. Haven't tried the 4th or 5th setting (max power).

I've got 61 reg 2.0CDTi ecoflex stop/start 165bhp
Cheers I'll have a look on the website cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofit front parking sensors (GTC) pedroc1999 3 2,359 27:th-May-2023, 23:46:17
Last Post: M.Duman
  Brake pedal sensor learn. Richiew1986 0 1,291 22:nd-Jul-2021, 16:53:31
Last Post: Richiew1986
  parking sensor Qaranc 1 2,225 8:th-Feb-2021, 01:33:43
Last Post: loeb
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,813 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Gtc 2017 1.4t 120 front brake disc size Nathan191210 2 2,790 25:th-Apr-2020, 07:41:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,396 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb
  Rear brake pads and discs everson38 4 3,646 28:th-May-2019, 10:53:57
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Jolt when releasing brake on autobox Djones55 3 3,732 21:st-Oct-2018, 10:42:34
Last Post: Canasta
  Brake bleed nipples? Jake 4 4,681 27:th-Apr-2018, 18:36:07
Last Post: Jake
  Parking sensor Mspencer 2 3,237 19:th-Dec-2017, 17:34:12
Last Post: marcus01