Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem vauxhall meriva 1 8 easytronic 2008

Vauxhall Meriva 1.8 2008 Easytronic Problem
Vauxhall Meriva 1.8 Easytronic 2008 Clutch Actuator problem
Quote:
  1. Hi Everyone,
    This is my first message on the forum, hopefully the beginning of good friendships.

We have had the above vehicle since May 2013, it has done 55.000 miles, engine is fine, no problems, now the story begins. On 11th June, I upgraded all 4 headlight bulbs, because of limited space between battery and headlight, I removed the battery on passenger side engine bay, and changed bulbs, put battery back on and reversed car off drive to inspect difference with drivers side, pulled back on and then changed drivers side, I noticed battery was not sitting right, so removed and reseated. The car started fine, but would not engage any gears, I then noticed the flashing F on dashboard, tried reverse and A as well as trying to engage manual, no joy. Engine runs fine without issue.

I ran a scan with an Autel MS509 Scanner and it reported pending code P1700 $11, Transmission Control Module (MIL) Illumination. There were no stored codes So I cleared all codes and ran a scan again and P1700 was still there in Pending Codes. After a good deal of investigation with our dear friend Google, I came across this forum and EnderbyEddie's thread. I purchased Op-Com/Vaux-Com on Monday and duly on Thursday it arrived, I studied the WWW to learn what I could, especially when I found out how much Vauxhall Main Dealers charge for just a vehicle diagnostic and learnt about the possibility the Actuator could have forgotten gear positions due to battery being disconnected. So! I thought, I know there is a re-learning process to go through when you go into Easytronic MTA in Op-Com, but I thought If I go into that part of the software and see what is there with the interface connected to the car, as I went into the re-learning screen a whole load of info flashed on the screen, I did not go through any of the re-learning process, but escaped out of the software. I looked at the dashboard and the Flashing F had gone, the service light was still on, but after turning off engine and turning back on that had gone too, so throwing caution to the wind, I engaged A position on the gear selector and A appeared, then Reverse, R appeared and back to A and flicked the lever and 1 appeared, so I took handbrake off and car moved forward, tried same with A and Reverse, and car moved. So I took her round the block, Oh joy, it went very well, the excitement was too much.

Yesterday, we went shopping and I took it for an extended drive around 20 miles and all seems well, BUT, on one occasion when I engaged reverse, it jumped out a couple of times, also 5th gear seems to come in around 35 to 40 MPH, which I believe should not.

Finally my question's are.

1: Should I do a complete Re-Learning for the Actuator.

2: I was going to get the Actuator repaired and serviced by ECU Solutions in Swansea, especially as I have a 220 mile journey to Kent, really don't want to break down on motorway. It is only £145.00.

I did do a clutch test and obviously, I believe the clutch is okay or the car would not have driven.

I thank you in advance for any comment's that may come and am glad to be a part of this forum.

Edit Post   Reply   Reply With Quote       
I would a try re-learn before spending £145 as you may not need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Good user name.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto Dim rear view Mirror (Meriva B) TubaMagna8 0 3,463 24:th-Mar-2019, 23:23:53
Last Post: TubaMagna8
  Meriva B 1.7 A17DTS (130) Weird Starting thing TubaMagna8 4 5,043 14:th-Nov-2017, 18:43:50
Last Post: TubaMagna8