Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to a nav900 the upgrade nav600 how

how to upgrade the NAV600 to a NAV900.
Can someone tell me..I updated NAVI 600 to 900. Now, i would like to try change theme but I don't know which version I'm using now ?
I read somewhere that I can't put V208 if my is V200 .How I can know which version is my ?
Oh ,now I worry about this .. I "updated" yesterday and now, like I said, I have 3d map options and more things,
but the system software is still same like before .. What do I need to do now? 

I am so so so so STUPID !!!
Everything is good ...
but when I tried to import POI the NAVI said that is the newer version of software on USB.
Now I was tried with firmware from disk, just to be sure, and I saw that is the same version of software (new one, from disk)
I'm apologize because of my crazy messages today.
Hi, guys,
I want ask, just now I got zafira with navi600 and find it can be update to 900.
Is there any new files for that or stay same files is little longer when was this work so just suggest if files and Process still same or change it
I know I'm a bit late to the party but I tried doing this and after second installation(2nd time USB) it stayed navi 600. No options for 3d maps, no red theme, no nothing? What do I do now?
Hi I have a navi 600 I'm looking for a way to get Bluetooth music playing functionality, will this upgrade/install drivers to make it do that? 
It already supports phone calls through Bluetooth and I was wondering if this would add that functionality ?

Thanks 
Zebb
(1:st-Jul-2020, 10:55:22)zebb.guy@hotmail.co.uk Wrote: Hi I have a navi 600 I'm looking for a way to get Bluetooth music playing functionality, will this upgrade/install drivers to make it do that? 
It already supports phone calls through Bluetooth and I was wondering if this would add that functionality ?

Thanks 
Zebb

No only way to get audio streaming is to get a navi950 (there are some 650 which have it but rare).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I bought latest map update 2019/2020 and apply it into my unit NAVI 600 already. After that I found this great forum and this thread about upgrading my navi unit from 600 to 900. Before I started I read posts in this thread and it made me confused. Some members said that if you use newer map update with this upgrade it may brick my unit.

1. So I ask you now if I have already inserted and applied new version of maps 2019/2020 into my unit does it means I shouldnt try this upgrade because of risk to brick my unit?
2. What if I insert my old maps 2015/2016 into my unit and downgrade maps will I than be able to apply this upgrade?
3. Steps described in first post are a little bit confusing. When screen "programing flash failed" appear instructions say this "IT WILL THEN ASK YOU TO REBOOT. REMOVE THE USB STICK. YOU WILL NOW BE IN THE BOOTLOADER 5 SCREEN" ----> does this means I need to to remove USB STICK before pressing countinue or I remove USB stick after clicking COUNTINUE and before entering into BOOTMODE. Will this procedure of rebooting automatically performed by my navigation or I have to turn it ON? Will I enter BOOTLOADER automatically by the system when I click CONTINUE?
4. Instructions then say this "INSTALL THE CDR DISK IN BOOTLOADER 5 MODE AND REBOOT BY PRESSING THE EJECT BUTTON". Why I need to press EJECT button? I thought when I insert CD (with fix files) it will be recognized automatically and proceed with installation. I think when I press EJECT button it will eject CD? THIS STEP description is really confusing. Please help me with this part "WHEN YOU HAVE THE CORRECTLY COPIED THE DISC JUST INSERT IT INTO THE NAVI
AND REBOOT BY PRESSING THE EJECT BUTTON
IT WILL THEN FLASH OFF THE INFO FROM THE DISC TO THE NAV
THIS TAKES TIME DO NOT INTERFERE TILL THIS IS COMPLETED
WHEN IT IS DONE CONFIRM INSTALL AND WAIT TILL THIS IS COMPLETED."

5. This step says: "INSERT THE NAV600 SD MAP CARD BACK INTO THE CAR
AND START THE SAT NAV IT WILL THEN REBOOT
AND FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS
IT WILL THEN UPDATE THE SD MAP UPDATES FROM THE SD NAVI 600 MAPS CARD
AFTER THAT HAS COMPLETED THEN TURN THE NAV ON AND OFF."

Do I need to manually do REBOOT pressing knob "OFF" "ON" or system will automatically reboots after this step?

6. "AND THEN REINSERT THE USB STICK
WHEN THE INSTALL SCREEN COMES ON THE NAVI REMOVE THE NAVI 600 SD MAP CARD
LEAVING THE USB STICK IN PLACE
AND THEN FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS AND THIS TIME IT WILL INSTALL TILL 100% CORRECTLY.

WHEN COMPLETED REMOVE THE USB STICK AND REBOOT THE NAVI
THEN INSTALL THE NAVI 600 SD MAP CARD AND TURN THE NAVI OFF AND ON
THE UPDATE IS NOW COMPLETE."

When system installation is completed this time to 100% correctly will it promt me to restasrt/reboot system by pressing COUNTINUE BUTTON? Do I need to remove usb stick before pressing countinue button? Or I need to manually reboot by pressing big knob button? Do I need to turn off navi and then insert SD and than TURN on the navi OR system will automatically reboots and than I insert SD and turn system off/on.

Pls help me I know I am confused but understand me I dont want to finish with bricked devicde because I dont have money to replace another. Thank you

Hi guys (and girls if any), new on the forum and new on this mod for our radios. 

Last night updated my Navi 600 of my Astra J to the navi 900 firmware, it looks like it all worked fine.

Now i have a few doubts...

3D map shows a ugly gold bar on top, is that normal or that's the place for the sky? made the update at night, didn't check if the same bar apears on the day mode. 

About theme update, atm i'm now at v181, if i update using a v208 theme file, does that upgrade my navi to v208?
Found these 3 themes on the insignia-driver.uk forum, can i use them safelly?
Post #4.
(https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/insign...post133398)
Any way to see what they look like without flashing on after another? Specially the exinfinity one.

Last question, just bought this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/VAUXHALL-OPEL-C...Swsvhe0Vpw) on ebay, what happens if i use the card on v181 and on v208? Will it work on both versions and will it upgrade something on the navi?

Thanks in advance for the replys guys. 
Can any help can't get of the reboot
I did everything the tutorial said after the step where it says software update complete , restarting navigation or something like that it restarts and just changes the language the themes are the same and there is no 3d maps or some maps options for head up 2D or north up 2D, it's the same version from before can someone help?
Hi all,
I am new to this and I would like to update my Navi 600 to Navi 900
Does this also work with an SD card, since my Astra works with an SD card and not with a USB stick

Regards,
Marcel
I have an Opel Astra Sport Tourer 1.4 2012
Where do I find the USB stick slot because I can't find it
I only see the SD card slot
Or do I just use any usb slot?
Will the Navi 900 in the end installed on the SD card?

Regards,
Marcel
Is the Dutch language also available on this upgrade?
Regards,
Marcel
My final question?
On my SD card BENELUX has been pre installed on a very very small SD card
Will this interfere with the update described here?

Regards,
Marcel
I am a bit confused

When I unzip the migrate_600to900 zip file, there is no iso file, but a dnl folder with (as far as I can tell) the same files as on the navi_600_900_rus_fix (which is an iso)
So what do I copy to the USB stick? The dnl folder incl the subfolders?

Regards,
Marcel
Hi all,

Before I want to try this, Ihave a question:

Does this still work in 2021?

Regards,
Marcel
Hello

Started the upgrade and getting the same message of please insert downloadable medium, I cant seem to get the CD-R to write the boot change so the unit will read the disk

Any advice

Thanks
Amazing pal, I just installed on Mokka 2012 1.6 petrol, the CD was enough to complete it!! thank you very much for this update

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH Skemess 20 17,371 31:st-Mar-2023, 11:29:57
Last Post: Jjmorris90
  how to edit nav600/900 theme files and start up animation. tucpal 83 75,823 23:rd-Apr-2021, 20:58:18
Last Post: Vljubinovski
  Navi 600 to 900 upgrade problem! Help needed ASAP! bh03an 5 15,126 29:th-Aug-2020, 20:34:20
Last Post: iamwalsh
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,734 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster

Who read this thread?
11 User(s) read this thread:
Foz88 (15:th-Oct-2023, 21:21:08), Ozel66 (18:th-Apr-2024, 12:58:25), milozic (24:th-Mar-2024, 15:59:46), James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 00:55:12), Dvaltd (17:th-Dec-2023, 21:35:56), DaveT2 (28:th-Oct-2023, 14:24:12), RD021 (16:th-Jun-2023, 08:18:17), Jnny (1:st-Dec-2023, 16:14:39), Bobby_Phillips (15:th-Feb-2024, 18:43:01), Bernhard_Van_t_Slot (17:th-Mar-2024, 20:26:00), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 11:33:58)