Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to come has day goodbye the say

The day has come to say goodbye
Hi guys 

So after just over a year of ownership it was time to say goodbye and move the Astra on to a new owner.

It's been a great car but I wanted something a bit faster and bigger, so I did a straight swap with a BMW 325D M Sport, 3.0 diesel remapped to 240bhp but still returned 47.2mpg the whole way home today.

I do have some LED number plate lights from the Astra if anyone is interested!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, il still stick my head round the door from time to time.

All the best 

Jordan
Ah mate wht a shame but hope you enjoy the bmw. Definitely stick around and Pop some pics up too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate!

Here's some pics from the advert. I don't have others yet as I had to do a 460 odd mile round trip to Bristol to get it!

Very nice mate, lovely colour too.

What a trade! How much are you looking for the led lights mate? Are they the ones with the resistors?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
good luck with the new car very nice motor
So you swapped a 2009 320 for a 2010 astra then for a 2007 325... that's mad but all the best.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(5:th-Apr-2016, 05:23:54)bhalay207 Wrote: What a trade! How much are you looking for the led lights mate? Are they the ones with the resistors?

Cheers mate! Yup they're the normal recommend ones with resistors. Think they're £14 posted new, £10 posted any use? They're only a month or two old.

(5:th-Apr-2016, 05:45:28)tucpal Wrote: good luck with the new car very nice motor

Cheers mate
All the best with the BMW
(5:th-Apr-2016, 07:19:25)Jj0063 Wrote:
(5:th-Apr-2016, 05:23:54)bhalay207 Wrote: What a trade! How much are you looking for the led lights mate? Are they the ones with the resistors?

Cheers mate! Yup they're the normal recommend ones with resistors. Think they're £14 posted new, £10 posted any use? They're only a month or two old.

(5:th-Apr-2016, 05:45:28)tucpal Wrote: good luck with the new car very nice motor

Cheers mate
Alright mate. Yeah I'll give you a tenner for them. Message me your PayPal and I'll get it sent over

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon so thought I'd give it a quick wash & Hoover. Literally just used Megs gold class shampoo & AG leather cleaner. Not 'detailed' just wanted to go over it and check for any damage really... Pics do the talking but I'm over the moon with it.

And the interior:

It seems to have quite a few optional extras that I've discovered since getting it...

Folding rear seats, read arm rest with ski flap & a built in ski bag(?!) which unfolds.
Full M Sport Dakota leather
Electronic adjusting lumbar support on both front seats
Bluetooth with phone cradle in arm rest
Rechargeable torch in glovebox
Auto lights & wipers
Manual box which is apparently rare on the 3.0

I'm so happy with it, bodywork has worn the miles so well! Went to Birmingham and back today & it flicked into 168k on the way home. Averaged 47MPG too!

I'm gonna invest in a head unit like Sheppys as they do them for this too for £199.

Few clean shots of my toy for anyone that's interested too:

Jordan
THE 325 is looking in very good condition and looks well looked after
glad you are happy and good choice in engine i have drove the 330 and that was a very good drive
keep us updated
That does look lovely mate! I like the 'toy' too

if the 325 was mine i think id look at changing the rear lights, other than that awesome car
You've got the same idea as me

I used to have one of these but it was an LCI (Facelift) model which has a different boot lid/lights

There's the whole kit on ebay for £330 in the right colour but I can't justify it at the moment.... it may well get done though!

Ok daft question here and I don't I'd era tabs why they do it but why when it's a 3l do they put 325d?? I know the 3 is 3series. 25d indicates 2.5l diesel... I've noticed with other models too

316d, 318d and 320d are all 4 cylinder 2.0 diesel but with varying BHP

325d and 330d are both 6 cylinder single turbo 3.0 diesel but with varying BHP

335D is a 6 cylinder 3.0 diesel but twin turbo

God knows why! lol
Ah thanks for that lol. Very strange way of doing things but obviously works for them!

I never knew that... what about petrol models?

Using Tapatalk
(12:th-Apr-2016, 11:28:17)Jj0063 Wrote: 316d, 318d and 320d are all 4 cylinder 2.0 diesel but with varying BHP

325d and 330d are both 6 cylinder single turbo 3.0 diesel but with varying BHP

335D is a 6 cylinder 3.0 diesel but twin turbo

God knows why! lol

mercedes are weird too, they put 6.3 on their 6.2 engine as it is turbocharged??????
(12:th-Apr-2016, 18:15:09)J1ODYA Wrote: I never knew that... what about petrol models?

The same mate. Back in the day I used to have a 320i but it was actually a 2.2 straight 6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The goodbye thread J1ODYA 4 3,670 25:th-Apr-2017, 15:09:19
Last Post: Tonto