Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
goodbye the thread

The goodbye thread
Morning,

Well after 4 years 8 months of ownership and travelling 129,950 miles in her I said goodbye to my beloved Astra GTC:

It was an emotional farewell particularly because I sold it to webuyanycar.com - the condition and mileage just would mean it would be worth nothing and the cash value offered was actually fairly reasonable.

Anyway I know what you're all thinking - what am I going to get next, well I already have it and I'll let the photo do the talking but needless to say I've never enjoyed driving a car so much as I do my new one:

I will still pop on time and again, but truth be told I've not been active on forums for a while now as life is taking over.

You've been a great bunch specifically Tucpal and Rusty; all the best for the future.

Jody
Using Tapatalk
Ah No I can't believe you've got rid of it.

Please do keep popping by & stay active when you can.

I'm glad your liking the new car (even tho it's not my cuppa tea), be good to see any mods you do to it.

All the best mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers Rusty... I did love the Astra but my next service and MOT was scaring me as I know it needs a lot of work!!

I do so little driving now I was looking for a fun machine, I just couldn't take my eye off an Abarth and after the test drive couldn't help but buy it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Good luck with the new car. My mate has a white one, he loves it. Keep in touch.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Ah shame you've let the Astra go, but glad you like the Abarth, too small a car for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your car history thread J1ODYA 23 13,150 18:th-Aug-2017, 17:09:30
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  The day has come to say goodbye Jj0063 20 9,096 12:th-Apr-2016, 18:46:08
Last Post: bhalay207
  progress thread Gilmore 5 4,659 20:th-Nov-2014, 13:41:44
Last Post: Rusty2009