Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to black back

Back to Black
Hi all

Anyone know how I can get this roof trim (plastic that runs the length of the car) back to black? Seems it has gone white from where wax got on it! I know there is some stuff called back to black but unsure if it would help!

Ta

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

My old focus had bump strips on the door that went like that. I used some stuff by autoglym but I've also heard things like peanut butter work

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Hahahaha how random!! Okay... I'll see what autoglym have to offer! Do you know if it was named something obvious like trim restorer or something?

Never use back to black.

I personally use Megiaurs Endurance tyre dressing on my trims.
Oh right! And that would be good for any plastics thay have gone a funny colour?

May seem odd but a plain white pencil rubber works a treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm... I'd never have thought of that! Nice one! I'll dig one out later and try that and report back!

Wow! That worked a treat!

Before:

After:

That won't come back then will it? Because when I wet it it went away but then came back when it dried.

Thanks again!!

Wow!!

(31:st-Mar-2016, 17:01:17)bhalay207 Wrote: Wow!!

I know! That was from 30 seconds with an eraser!

don't put wax on black trim bits again haha
A great product is this http://www.amazon.co.uk/SONAX-GummiPfleg...ge_o09_s00
I would say rubber or nut oil... it just needs a thorough clean to get polish off

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
the car wash near me used old cooking oil on the black bits and on the tyres. it certainly lasts longer than the back to black stuff you buy from shops. just keep applying it in small amounts and buff it off
Adams VRT works a trreat on Vinyl, Rubber & Plastic

Avid car detailer
What is the durability like
(26:th-May-2016, 08:10:44)shaunwistow Wrote: Adams VRT works a trreat on Vinyl, Rubber & Plastic

It's not my car, it's one I detailed for a mate. I'll let you know in a few weeks
Avid car detailer
Valetpro Dionysus Trim Glitz is very good.....just put it on sparingly cos its very sticky.

Lasts quite a while though between applications
Regards,
Neill

GTC [1.6 CDTi 16V SS ecoFLEX Limited Edition]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Polish Hev 10 7,424 10:th-Mar-2016, 01:04:03
Last Post: Simon Templar