Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
locking problems central huge

Central locking huge problems
I own a 2012 Astra j and I have had a lot of problems recently with the car locking itself when the drivers door is moved. It has mainly been an intermittent problem, but now it happens 90% of the time I open the door. It does not matter if the car is: Running, Ignition on, or being unlocked; but when the drivers door is opened, the car will lock and unlock itself multiple times. Its causing me a lot of issues as I have already been locked out twice
If anyone else has had similar problems and knows the cause and/or how to fix it, I would be very grateful for some recommendations.
First of all welcome....

Have you checked the wiring to the door? I would also disconnect the battery for an hour to reset the system just in case it's a computer problem.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Welcome.

Not heard of this problem before it could many things.

Faulty key fob, faulty lock/unlock button on dash faulty module a broken wire a bad ground or just the BCM having a massive freak out.

I would try as @bhalay207 says, if that doesn't resolve the issue you could try unplugging the button in the car also try using another key or changing the battery.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Check the boor looms are locked in position
thanks for the answers,it was the locking mechanism,just change it whit another ,works just fine
(30:th-Mar-2016, 07:35:27)kosty000 Wrote: I own a 2012 Astra j and I have had a lot of problems recently with the car locking itself when the drivers door is moved. It has mainly been an intermittent problem, but now it happens 90% of the time I open the door. It does not matter if the car is: Running, Ignition on, or being unlocked; but when the drivers door is opened, the car will lock and unlock itself multiple times. Its causing me a lot of issues as I have already been locked out twice
If anyone else has had similar problems and knows the cause and/or how to fix it, I would be very grateful for some recommendations.

Sad to see i'm not the only one with this issue. its really worrying when the car is locked with the engine running... & i'm outside!!!!