Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
start stop

Start/Stop
Has anybody else had issues with their SS where it doesn't kick in?

Mine seems to only be working as and when it wants to with no obvious pattern.

I have no warning lights and as far as I can tell there should be no reason for it not to work as intended.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Just has my battery tested as that's the only thing I can think which I'd causing the problem. Came up saying replace on the test machine.

Just over 4yrs the battery has lasted.... Not good!

By design I believe the start stop system only works when there is sufficient charge in the battery amongst other conditions....

Conditions for an Autostop
The Stop-Start System checks if each of the following conditions is fulfilled. Otherwise an Autostop will be inhibited.
The Stop-Start system is not manually activated
The bonnet is fully closed
The drivers door is closed or the drivers seat belt is fastened
The battery is sufficiently charged and in good condition
The engine is warmed up
The engine coolant temperature is not too high
The engine exhaust temperature is not too high, e.g. after driving with high engine load
The ambient temperature is not too low
The defrost selection does not inhibit an Autostop
The Climate Control system does not inhibit an Autostop
The brake vacuum is sufficient
The self-cleaning function of the diesel particulate filter is not active
The vehicle has moved since the last Autostop
An Autostop may become less available as the ambient temperature approaches freezing point.

Certain settings of the Climate Control system may inhibit an Autostop. Please consult the Climate Control chapter in your Owners Manual for details.
Yeah I read that in my manual. Based on that it should have worked but I think the battery is the cause of the problem here.

I rang Halfords or quoted £150 or £120 on trade

it really does have a mind of its own i have only seen my stop start come on a few times
but i really don't like the function on the vauxhalls to many conditions need to met to make it work
so i just turn eco off now every time i drive it
as the vauxhall stop start is a useless function in my opinion
Mine only stops working every now and then, then a good 20-30min blast up the dual carriageway sorts it out.

I quite like it now I'm used to it.

It has all the conditions for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
That's the thing. I'm regularly I'm and down the M1 yet it doesn't resolve it. I'm assuming a new battery will solve my problem but at £150 I'll leave it until it's on its last legs

I've never had an issue with mine and I think it's a great addition.

Price of a battery is rubbish though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Mine seems totally random, I can stop at a set of traffic lights after 50 miles of dual carriageway coming home from work and it wont "stop" but, 5 mins later when I am home it will "stop" as soon as I park up

As has already been said there seems to be a lot of "parameters" where it wont be enabled
Yeah mine is like that, only now it doesn't work more often than it actually does.

I'll change the battery when it's completely knackered. Until then it's not worth it for the money

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uneven idle and hunting on initial start up Jpbroad1970 2 2,133 24:th-Aug-2021, 09:34:41
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Intermittent start, stalls after clock sweep no throttle response Jump to Latest Brendonm9477 5 2,951 5:th-Jan-2021, 13:55:10
  "Stop Vehicle Immediately Engine Has Overheated" Advice appreciated please Dennis S 25 39,303 30:th-Aug-2020, 13:56:18
Last Post: Rgotts00
  Retrofitting stop/start system momoomar 3 2,379 23:rd-Apr-2020, 13:44:22
Last Post: marcus01
  astra j 2.0 start up cornwall37 2 2,660 10:th-Apr-2020, 13:47:56
Last Post: Kiel0777
  New Fuel filter. Wont start SALMHAGE 1 2,423 18:th-Dec-2019, 23:24:29
Last Post: SALMHAGE
  Start up issue... only once daveloz12 4 4,177 22:nd-Mar-2019, 10:02:26
Last Post: daveloz12
  What would cause stop/start to not work? Vx-Mad-G 12 19,809 1:st-Jan-2019, 10:15:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
Astra J, turns but will not start randilio1 6 4,537 2:nd-Dec-2018, 19:01:23
  Start/Charge fault CraigSRi 2 3,169 16:th-Feb-2018, 12:01:17
Last Post: CraigSRi