Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
stereo m072 s160

Stereo M072/s160
Hi was thinking of putting one of these in my Astra 1.4 limited edition does anyone know if there any good any problems or any other recommendations. ?
Thanks.
Last year I get a new Astra with CD600 (color display, reverse camera, bluetooth...). Before that I had also Astra but equiped with CD400. I searched the net all about Android M072 solution and honestly I have not found any bad think about it.
If I had CD400 in my new Astra I would definitely buy M072.

Thanks to @sheppy1 you can read all about it:
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info
(16:th-Mar-2016, 18:55:15)Daz21 Wrote: Hi was thinking of putting one of these in my Astra 1.4 limited edition does anyone know if there any good any problems or any other recommendations. ?
Thanks.
You should buy one. Sheppy and I both have them. Easy to fit, great sound, lots of things you can do with them. Sat nav is good, Bluetooth works fine, rev camera, install apps like Spotify. Great value at 300 quid. Sheppy and I both have progress threads running which have more details on them. Happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hi just wanted to know who easy to install any problems Hingis like that really anyone got a good video of one running can't find one on YouTube this is why I asked here thanks.
Very easy. All plug and play really. 8 screws hold it all in place. You might a trial run beforehand. Hardest part is deciding where to route the wires.

(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:10:16)marcus Wrote: Very easy. All plug and play really. 8 screws hold it all in place. You might a trial run beforehand. Hardest part is deciding where to route the wires.

Hi can you use the built in mic for Bluetooth calls ? If not will the one that comes with it reach to the roof lining ?

I can't find your progress to see info on it.

Also can you update the satnav ???
Sorry for all the question.
The satnav that comes with it won't get any updates but you can download any android ones you prefer which will be updated often.

The built in official mic cannot be used but it does come with one

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:17:49)Daz21 Wrote:
(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:10:16)marcus Wrote: Very easy. All plug and play really. 8 screws hold it all in place. You might a trial run beforehand. Hardest part is deciding where to route the wires.

Hi can you use the built in mic for Bluetooth calls ? If not will the one that comes with it reach to the roof lining ?

Yes I believe you can use the built in mic. I haven't tried it though. External mic cable won't reach the roof lining. You'd need to buy a longer one.

Very few sat nav apps can run on the unit. Igo is pretty good and has traffic updates. It's pretty good once you get the hang of it. Offline maps works fine. I believe sygic will work if you sideload it. I have a licence but just not tried it yet.

Google maps doesn't work.

I mean I have the factory mic in the roof can I use that ?
So the unit has a built in mic and a external one ?
(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:35:15)Daz21 Wrote: I mean I have the factory mic in the roof can I use that ?
Yeah I had one in in the roof too but it can't be used. It has a different connector than the one that you need to use for with the head unit. The head unit comes with an external mic that you can put where you want it doesn't have a built in one

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:38:43)sheppy1 Wrote:
(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:35:15)Daz21 Wrote: I mean I have the factory mic in the roof can I use that ?
Yeah I had one in in the roof too but it can't be used. It has a different connector than the one that you need to use for with the head unit. The head unit comes with an external mic that you can put where you want it doesn't have a built in one

Like I said, hadn't tried the internal one. haha

Hi can you tell me where the best place is to mount the GPS receiver and the mic - Thanks.

(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:40:44)marcus Wrote:

Haha I wish you could! I did get that really long one which I put in the roof but it was fine when I was stationary but people said they can't hear me when driving :( will have to try the padding with foam option like someone else suggested

(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:42:55)sheppy1 Wrote:

I can see ones on eBay at 4 meters long what do you mean padding ? Where have you placed both you GPS and mic ?

(16:th-Mar-2016, 20:40:44)marcus Wrote:

Haha I wish you could! I did get that really long one which I put in the roof but it was fine when I was stationary but people said they can't hear me when driving :( will have to try the padding with foam option like someone else suggested

I can see ones on eBay at 4 meters long what do you mean padding ? Where have you placed both you GPS and mic ?

(16:th-Mar-2016, 19:54:07)Jerry Wrote: Last year I get a new Astra with CD600 (color display, reverse camera, bluetooth...). Before that I had also Astra but equiped with CD400. I searched the net all about Android M072 solution and honestly I have not found any bad think about it.
If I had CD400 in my new Astra I would definitely buy M072.

Thanks to @sheppy1 you can read all about it:
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info
It's still not complete in the main post but I'll go over it and add as much info as possible when I get a few mins spare

@sheppy1 can you let me know once done so I can see it all thanks.
(16:th-Mar-2016, 22:30:19)Daz21 Wrote: @sheppy1 can you let me know once done so I can see it all thanks.

Sure! TBH you are probably best just pinging me a message with questions you may have as I don't think i'll have time till later this week to update it.

(16:th-Mar-2016, 22:38:21)sheppy1 Wrote:
(16:th-Mar-2016, 22:30:19)Daz21 Wrote: @sheppy1 can you let me know once done so I can see it all thanks.

Sure! TBH you are probably best just pinging me a message with questions you may have as I don't think i'll have time till later this week to update it.
Ok thanks can you tell me where you put your mic and the GPS receiver. Thanks.
(16:th-Mar-2016, 23:12:13)Daz21 Wrote:
(16:th-Mar-2016, 22:38:21)sheppy1 Wrote:

Ok thanks can you tell me where you put your mic and the GPS receiver. Thanks.
gps receiver

Mic it works OK from there. Will look at rerouting it sometime when I have the urge.

Hi a was planning on upgrading too m072 but can anyone tell me if I can use my Samsung phone with it please ? Someone told me I had to have iPhone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stereo upgrade options Amazingusername 6 10,446 9:th-Feb-2021, 14:07:41
Last Post: loeb
  B5754 or m072 Mspencer 33 9,837 27:th-Jul-2018, 22:06:32
Last Post: jonathanpurcell
  M072 Glass Screen Protector sheppy1 0 2,544 30:th-Aug-2017, 18:49:54
Last Post: sheppy1
  Stereo andiman t 7 6,277 9:th-Apr-2017, 01:46:52
Last Post: 1.4turbo
  M072 Missing BT Settings? demiswc 4 3,891 1:st-Jun-2016, 20:10:54
Last Post: sheppy1