Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
stereo help

Stereo help
Hi I have changed my stereo to the m072 but not the buttons for the stereo just stopped working.
They were lit up and working then just stopped could it be a fuse ? If where to many thanks.
So did they work even when everything was back together and then suddenly stop? I messaged you to say that the cables could have been unplugged (I did this myself) but obviously if they were working one min and then stopped the next that can't be the issue

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Hi yes we're working then shut car off then back on then nothing I checked the cable is plugged in the back of unit really need this sorted doing my head in.
Your Inbox is full mate

Hmmmm I really have no idea what the issue could be! All I could suggest is checking that big block that you plugged the big fat cable into and also checking all your connections are secure... There's no reason I know of that this would happen other than a loose connection (one of the ones you connected to the unit or the ones behind the controls themselves) sorry I can't be of further help!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Update I have just checked I have power up the cable
So is it working mate?!

Well it won't light up and work without key in ignition I found out ?
Well that's very odd! Mine isn't like that... Does the new head unit work at all without the key in? Bearing in mind it will auto turn off like 5 mins after the key is removed or when the door is opened after the key is removed

No it won't turn on at all with out the key in - With key in all works fine - take key out stays on till you open the door. is this a fault or not ?
The fact that it goes off when you take the key out and open the door is by design. Can't say I've ever tried to turn it on without the key in but I'll test that later

I still don't understand why the buttons won't light up until key is in tho. Let me know if yours is the same or won't work without key. ?
did you fit it yourself, if so if it was me id take it out, leave it 30 mins and refit
Yeah that is odd! I'm sure all my buttons light up regardless but unsure about how the actual screen itself functions with no key in...

On mine the buttons stop working once the ignition is switched off. The light go off as well. Sounds like normal behaviour. It's a bit embarrassing opening the door to exit when the music is cranked up.

I've noted that you can turn down the volume with the remove when the ignition off and you are about to exit the car.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hi all I have new prob the windows are wrong way around if I open drivers window it shows the passengers window open anyone know where to setting is for this thanks.
There's a secret menu you can get too from typing a code in the phone app screen... Will dig it out for you... In there there's an option for left and right hand drive...

Bluetooth mode, enter ##0323 and call out. 

(24:th-Mar-2016, 18:33:54)sheppy1 Wrote: There's a secret menu you can get too from typing a code in the phone app screen... Will dig it out for you... In there there's an option for left and right hand drive...

Bluetooth mode, enter ##0323 and call out. 

dont forget us lol, as soon as i get an astra i will totally get this unit
Hi did that but Windows still the wrong way around ??
Hahaha I don't forget anyone You're gonna love it! Mine still perfect and working like a charm!

Thanks @sheppy1 so no idea how to change it then. Must say tho the unit is really good just got to sort these little things out.
What do you mean mate? You change it via the hidden screen accessed via that code.

Oh and i took my key out and my controls also didn't light up but the ones for the blowers did...not that I'd ever want them to be on with the key out but yeah...seems to be the same as you

Well at least it's the same power wise. What I meant was on the car settings were it shows tyre pressure and fuel brake stuff if you have the screen showing the windows open/closed if you open the drivers window it states the passenger one is so ie wrong side. I have changed in menu that you said.
Ahhhh yes! Most of the info on that screen is wrong or in the wrong format tbh... I asked the guy who sells them about it and he even spoke to the people who make it and they said there's nothing that can be done lol.

If you know android well you could probably root the system and tinker with the files to get it right but I cba as I'm happy with it working as is

Yeah I guess I could root into it but I'm going to leave it as it is it's a good unit - just wanna say thanks for all the help
You're more than welcome you know where i am should you need further help...I guarantee I've either experienced every issue you'll come across and have fixed it or be aware of it, have informed icebox autos and been given an answer from him that it can't be fixed lol

Ha now need new project
Done silver conversion
Done stereo and rear camera
Done alloy peddles
Done Auto dimming mirror
Done parking sensors
One smoked indicators
There must be something else now.
Hahahaha I'm the same mate! Approaching my 40th mod and I'm out of ideas now except pricey stuff like custom exhaust etc.

Well was going for the speedo to be changed but no luck so far then the led conversion so will have to keep an eye on what's new or what can be done
Aye! Best bet is to go through all the tutorials on here and see what you can find and also check everyone's progress threads... Found some cool things doing that

Need someone to do the ipc really that's my number one.
All the best mate! Wish I could help ya but I hard a pain in the arse time trying to find someone to do mine! Ha

Still hoping @Rusty2009 can help me fingers crossed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stereo upgrade options Amazingusername 6 10,486 9:th-Feb-2021, 14:07:41
Last Post: loeb
  Stereo M072/s160 Daz21 19 9,955 9:th-Jan-2019, 16:00:56
Last Post: Shorty5
  Stereo andiman t 7 6,306 9:th-Apr-2017, 01:46:52
Last Post: 1.4turbo
  Stereo m072 Daz21 9 6,307 25:th-Apr-2016, 08:22:52
Last Post: sheppy1
  Stereo m072 Daz21 1 3,135 23:rd-Apr-2016, 21:59:54
Last Post: sheppy1