Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
aerial replacing

Replacing Aerial
Hi, I have seen a couple of pictures showing some of the headlining being pulled down from around the tailgate for aerial removal. How far do you need to go to get the aerial out as I pulled along the whole of the tailgate edge and it was still too tight to gain propper access or even see the aerial base nut. The FM aerial connector seemed to be fixed to the roof somehow, so it looks as though I will have to remove quite a bit of the roof lining, unless I am missing something? 

I just don't want to knacker the lining 
Don't be shy is what I'd say. And don't be alarmed by the crease in the lining when you pull it down.

It's hard to explain by typing but you need to pull it down so it's nearly touching the parcel shelf, but to do that you need to make sure it's come out of the rear quarter window panels.... If that makes sense

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Cheers for that mate 

Where did you connect your red power wire to when you did yours, front fuse box, rear fuse box, nearest live feed? 

I have just noticed that the replacement aerial (FM) has a male hirschmann connector and the car I believe has a female fakra (once old aerial disconnected) so now have to source a female hirschmann to male fakra connector, they seem few and far between after a quick search.
I ran mine down the offside and tapped into the front power socket. You neec the purple cable.

As for the connector, I'm not sure

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I could run a new FM aerial lead from new aerial to the 300Di and then connect from the 300di to CD400 but would prefer to keep the original FM cable in place, still connected to the CD400 as I can connect the 300Di to CD400 via Aux In. My preference is keeping it original FM and connecting via Aux In, I have to run the new dab aerial to the front anyway so no biggie if I have to add the FM cable too.

I suppose I could source a din female to fakra female (I believe the CD400 is male fakra) and connect the new FM aerial that way if I can't get hold of the hirschmann to fakra connector.
All done now, took power from the rear fuse box for the aerial, pushed the fm/ dab cables down the roof lining to the front, down the windscreen pillar and across to the head unit. Wasn't too difficult, it's more of a worry that you might break something along the way as there's no way of doing it subtly. Everything at least seems to be running smoothly...

very good work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing door check strap robk999 5 5,888 7:th-Feb-2019, 21:27:33
Last Post: Telsun
  Subby Aerial CRNeo 2 3,819 11:th-May-2015, 17:36:52
Last Post: WhelanUK
  Aerial Cameron UK 9 8,568 14:th-Jun-2014, 15:17:26
Last Post: J1ODYA