Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Tags
to led lamps plate number how

How-to Led Number Plate Lamps
Strange I've just driven the car 25 miles & no errors came up, drove 25 miles back no errors came up

Il post again if I get errors.
Mine only did it once every few days... Was really weird

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

My loads were purple...
And yours don't give errors @nemo?

Mine were gold/bronze and I've had error a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they don't, sometimes and only sometimes it pops up when you start it and then disappears on its own instantly without me pushing a button. It only really does it when it's cold outside and when I first start the car for the day
Mine is same as yours Nemo, and actually yeah only when cold now I think about it!

I have these coming but imagine they will throw loads of errors

Sheppy is the resistor already on the bulb?
Yep people do say these don't work but they're listed as being error free... As we're the 25 quid ones that I got which others have on here... But they gave errors! So for £3.50 delivered for a pair of these ones I just posted a pic of i thought it was worth a go

that will make no difference there is no such thing as an error free led
on the vauxhall canbus loads will need to be added to cancel errors
(6:th-Feb-2016, 12:42:46)tucpal Wrote: that will make no difference there is no such thing as an error free led
on the vauxhall canbus loads will need to be added to cancel errors
As I say I got errors with the insanely expensive ones that have the resistor on the wire anyway... So I'll be in the same position even if they don't work

try these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-W5W-501-T10...SwT5tWHBsJ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-T10-501-W5...xy~ilSO04C
Can I still use my factory bulb holders with those @tucpal?

yes mate plug and play
Sweet! And will it cause issues with the bulbs I linked too that already have resistors on them?

as said above they won't work on there own you will have no issues with them
and as for the led bulbs they will cancel the errors
if not we can remove the load resistor and add a bigger one say 50w
but this is your best bet they should just work
The second link from tucpal looks like it has the twist lock for the factory holder, first one I'm not too sure on
I'll ask the seller @nemo

For a fiver you can't go wrong
Unless they don't fit the factory holder...then they're pointless haha

no mate go back to the how to pictures and you will see the plug for the number plate light
disconnects from the holder and gives you a t10 w5w connection
that will fit what i have linked and happy days
white side to factory connector other to the LED
@sheppy1

Did you get round to trying those resistors at all? Since installing the reversing camera im looking to replace the dull 501
bulbs I have as they don't really light up much of my rear plate. But I too once  tried LEDS prior to the camera & encountered
the same issues as you with the canbus. :/
(23:rd-May-2016, 10:36:03)Rymaan82 Wrote: @sheppy1

Did you get round to trying those resistors at all? Since installing the reversing camera im looking to replace the dull 501
bulbs I have as they don't really light up much of my rear plate. But I too once  tried LEDS prior to the camera & encountered
the same issues as you with the canbus. :/
Hey! Fraid not no... I have the happy blue dongle which clears all errors that i tell it too so I just told it to not tell me about those Reg plate ones...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

(6:th-Feb-2016, 12:45:42)tucpal Wrote: try these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-W5W-501-T10...SwT5tWHBsJ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-T10-501-W5...xy~ilSO04C

Also another success, I brought some of the suggested resistors as indicated by tucpal, they fit the number plate bulb cases perfectly.
They work a treat with LED bulbs so far I havent had an issue with errors on the canbus as I did before.
cool my ones are still going strong after nearly 2 years now so there certainly very well made
@tucpal or anyone else got any recommendations for bright LED bulbs for the number plate lights? I have some 5 SMD LED ones
in there at the moment but they dont seem too bright. Thanks
(20:th-Jun-2016, 20:06:53)Rymaan82 Wrote: @tucpal or anyone else got any recommendations for bright LED bulbs for the number plate lights? I have some 5 SMD LED ones
in there at the moment but they dont seem too bright. Thanks

These are type I have super bright and are going strong no errors also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361334877470

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
A bit confused (not for the first time), what do you need to do to fit these to the Tourer? Is it just the bulbs or do you need the resistors and/or the replacement units? thanks
(19:th-Aug-2017, 21:32:52)Steveb19111978 Wrote: A bit confused (not for the first time), what do you need to do to fit these to the Tourer? Is it just the bulbs or do you need the resistors and/or the replacement units? thanks

New units mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-NUMBER-PLA...SwgQ9Vgtzd
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(20:th-Aug-2017, 08:32:56)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(19:th-Aug-2017, 21:32:52)Steveb19111978 Wrote: A bit confused (not for the first time), what do you need to do to fit these to the Tourer? Is it just the bulbs or do you need the resistors and/or the replacement units? thanks

New units mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-NUMBER-PLA...SwgQ9Vgtzd

Thanks Rusty. How do the resistors hang in the boot lid and will I need to worry about the heat?
I'm not too sure on the tourer mate but I'd say as long as they are dangling and have some movement it will be fine.

I've not had any issues with heat and mines by plastic.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Aug-2017, 21:28:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'm not too sure on the tourer mate but I'd say as long as they are dangling and have some movement it will be fine.

I've not had any issues with heat and mines by plastic.

Thanks again Rusty. I've ordered a set from your liking so I'll see what's what when they arrive.
Fitted these today in about 2 minutes. Very easy plug 'n' play, super bright and no errors. Only concern is the units seem a little lose compared to the OEM units and the resistors don't really hang (just shoved them back in the hole). I'll take pictures when I get a spare 5.
(5:th-Feb-2016, 19:11:27)tucpal Wrote: Ok lads something has obviously changed with the product in the link so I will remove it from the forum it sounds like they are using a lower wattage load resistor as that will not fool the canbus if anyone finds a working link can they post It on here thanks

(5:th-Feb-2016, 19:59:04)sheppy1 Wrote: Yeah they use a black resistor block now rather than the silver one which must be a lower power one or something

I buyed these https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-LICENSE-NUM...2749.l2649 and installed them.Don't go for a walk yet but with the ignition on don't have errors after car checking.The only issue is that they don't come alive when i unlock the car as the genuine with bulbs with filament.Do they work with these way or something is wrong?
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
I have the same ones (from chinese supplyer) and they don't give an error code and do come on with the rest of the lights when I unlock the car.
Are you sure they did before? I see you have the essentia so I doubt you have the sight/light pack?
Yes the number plates lights comes on with the genuine with bulbs when i unlock the car.
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
I have just been reading through this thread because i too am going to replace the units with uprated ones,i seem to have read somewhere that the gtc/vxr don't have any error issues with LED's,only on the 4 door astra j's?

quote me if i am wrong.
(25:th-Oct-2020, 23:02:07)gtcSi1972 Wrote: I have just been reading through this thread because i too am going to replace the units with uprated ones,i seem to have read somewhere that the gtc/vxr don't have any error issues with LED's,only on the 4 door astra j's?

quote me if i am wrong.

The GTC/VXR can indeed give errors over LED bulbs. however it seems to be the GTC will not give errors if you swap the DRL/sidelight halogen bulb to LED.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:57:49), dinamitar (4:th-Dec-2023, 20:38:22)