Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
battery the

The Battery
Has anyone taken the battery out of a CDTi 1.7 . .

It isn't just a two terminal job and it looks like the handles on the battery are removed from this big, lump, of a battery- 75AH and 720 CCA !!

Apart from the removal they don't seem to have the right one at the VX dealers plus , it seems the likely cost is £140
Heard there's Mod's about. .
I'd look on euro car parts etc to find a better quality one cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Is there a how to, on taking the battery out , Rusty. .

I can't find one at the moment but navigation of the new site isn't one of my strong points. .
No no how-to mate I'll see if the info is on TIS for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Turns out, that Halfrauds have the right one for £85. .
I have a Halfords trade card... I'd be devastated if I lost it!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Just reviving a thread for a sec.
I'm getting a new battery for my car which is a 2.0cdti. The Halfords website has said I need a 096AGM battery. Apparently the spec is 760A and 70ah.

I've looked at the battery that's in mind currently and it has a 80ah 800a.

Will the one from Halfords be too small? My car is a 2.0CDTI with start stop.

Try Tayna

https://www.tayna.co.uk/S5-007-Bosch-Car...P9700.html
When I have to change battery's I always go higher than what was on there never lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I agree with Rusty (the battery in my link was just for an example), The higher the spec the better, not sure about nasp/stop-start cars but for the Leon the higher the CCA the better. I guess stop-start cars are pretty hard on batteries so would need higher specs than a non stop-start version.
(6:th-Jun-2016, 07:49:21)GOKIWI Wrote: I agree with Rusty (the battery in my link was just for an example), The higher the spec the better, not sure about nasp/stop-start cars but for the Leon the higher the CCA the better. I guess stop-start cars are pretty hard on batteries so would need higher specs than a non stop-start version.

I finally got my battery changed today. . it finally gave up the ghost . .

I had to buy the genuine article because it was the only one that would fit/ and had the right spec 75ah 720 CCA

There was a Bosch at 80ah but the CCA was only 620 . In the end came it from the dealer at £141 plus the exchequer . .

Fucken ouch . .

The hot weather killed it apparently . .
There been a few this week on here for sure
Join the club. Bloody expensive these batteries. Expecially when you have stop start.

So did the stop start work now with the new battery ??
i take it if you have stop start the batteries are alot more, sure my smart fortwo cost a fortune when its battery died
(7:th-Jun-2016, 08:42:49)tucpal Wrote: So did the stop start work now with the new battery ??
Seems to mate yeah. I've only taken it out a couple of times since.

@mrtc Yeah, the batteries are called AGM batteries. It's something to so with them having glass matting inside which deals better with the stress and strain of stop/start

AGM as a technology has been around quite some time. Lithium Iron will be the next "latest" thing in car batteries once they can sort the charging side of it out.
I've never heard of it until i needed to replace it ...typical lol

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk
The latest tech

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
My car doesn't have stop start and why it has such a powerful battery as standard is baffling .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,598 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  SVS - Battery advice shabba 2 2,043 2:nd-Mar-2020, 21:09:49
Last Post: Rusty2009
  2.0 cdti battery replacement bannan 3 6,466 2:nd-Sep-2016, 15:20:46
Last Post: bannan
  Astra j battery cover Daz21 24 12,566 18:th-Feb-2016, 15:13:07
Last Post: Daz21