Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lights welcome

Welcome Lights
A few of us were discussing door leds and also mirror lights a few weeks back and I just came across this video and holy hell!!! I want what they have!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im58d0dBaBY

What you guys think??

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Pretty cool! Pretty much the same as my bmw except the mirrors.
The doorhandles n see ya home headlights are pretty much the same, I love the doorhandles, people always stare in dark car parks
Ha yeah they look awesome! I spotted some the day after we spoke about it and i was like...hope @rusty2009 comes up with a way for us to have them! haha. Shame the user isn't english or else I'd message and ask how they did it! maybe one of our european members can message them?

I don't have welcome lights in headlights, but surely this is easy enough to do. Wire from courtesy light into each door and into door handle, just need a suitable led. That way when you unlock car and the courtesy light comes on the door handles will illuminate too.. I think hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus I love the white wheels and that front splitter... Damn!

Hahaha yeah I love that guys car too! Yeah I don't have the follow me home headlights either.

Hmmmm yeah not sure where the leds would go though... Like if there's a way to secure them in the handle?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

I think itll be pretty easy to do

Mine go in the bit of the handle that doesnt move, so suppose ud have to make a cutout in the bottom, could probs just pinch them from a bm in scrapyard? And transfer them to astra handles?
Would need a spare door handle to have a play with and see how would be best lol

See me home lights should be pretty easy and cheap too, ebay item - 131621295376
very easy job that two wires a hole and an led tap into courtesy lights
@Tucpal is it possible to make it so the headlights come on when the car is unlocked? I don't have the light and sight/winter pack
(28:th-Jan-2016, 21:34:35)Nemo Wrote: @Tucpal is it possible to make it so the headlights come on when the car is unlocked? I don't have the light and sight/winter pack
This is what id like too

Yes mate, that ebay item i posted above puts lights on when ya unlock and leaves them on for so long when locked
(28:th-Jan-2016, 21:46:34)Bloopeta Wrote: Yes mate, that ebay item i posted above puts lights on when ya unlock and leaves them on for so long when locked

any idea how it wires up to the car?

Yeah the mirror lights are awesome :-) xx

any idea how it wires up to the car?
[/quote]

I dont mate, but its only a few wires I believe, meant to be very straight forward
Only done in settings rusty may know if it can be activated
I think im getting confused here, I assume Tucpal your talking about the doorhandles? Or mirrors??

Im talking about the see me home lights, i.e. headlights, ive found a universal kit to retrofit to any car on ebay, the item no is -131621295376
Was talking about door handle lights
(28:th-Jan-2016, 22:57:42)tucpal Wrote: Was talking about door handle lights

Thought so lol, was getting all caffuffled ha
(28:th-Jan-2016, 22:17:36)Bloopeta Wrote: any idea how it wires up to the car?

I dont mate, but its only a few wires I believe, meant to be very straight forward
[/quote]
Damn... Just found some schematics online which I believe are for how to wire them up... And it doesn't look easy! However they could be totally the wrong schematics haha

I wouldn't run the neg off battery tho find a ground point on the chassis.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I was digging about for info on handle/puddle light and found these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E90-E91-3-...1296109040

I know it's BMW but the idea looks easy enough. Putting the light in the smaller part rather than the handle.

I also saw that halfords do a cheap kit for about £10 with LED strips that stick to the inside on the handle.
(27:th-Jan-2016, 20:01:29)Bloopeta Wrote: I think itll be pretty easy to do

Mine go in the bit of the handle that doesnt move, so suppose ud have to make a cutout in the bottom, could probs just pinch them from a bm in scrapyard? And transfer them to astra handles?

Theyrw the same ones as in mine, thats what I was trying to explain yesterday, just wasnt the best description ha
Ive got everything to do this and mirror lights, just need to find the time to strip the door down and do it. I'll write a how to when I get round to it.

I'm using those black flexi LED strips you stick on with 3m tape and cut to size.
Surely the welcome headlight box thing just splices into the headlight wire behind the headlight switch and then power and negative for the box as usual?

Thats the impression I got mate, and a wire to maybe central locking so it knows when door is locked and unlocked?
I have the ebay seller sending me the manual for the one that was linked too a few posts back

Cool, be interesting to see how easy it is, coz for 14 quid its a mod worth doing imo
If not surely you could use the happylightshow to do this?
(30:th-Jan-2016, 19:52:14)Jj0063 Wrote: If not surely you could use the happylightshow to do this?

I had no idea what that was till I googled it and it looks amazing!!! Does tonnes of cool stuff including the greeting lights i think!

only issues is it appears to be £80 from them directly...any ides where we can get it cheaper??

That's about going rate to be honest, they virtually never come up second hand.
Damn! That's me out :( too much money for something small like we want...hence why the £18 box was a good idea that we were looking at

i like what happylightshow can do, its quite impressive, but ive been always sceptical of plugging something in to the ODB to mess with he ecus etc, imagine if something went wrong, dont think the warranty would cover it like ha
I did have a happy light show had no issues but I never really used it much (I only got so I could have my lights doing a disco)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hahaha surprised you don't still have it! I'll not bother anyway, would rather get that box we discussed as that's the only thing I want it for

Right I am just waiting on 50mtrs of 2 core cable to turn up, hopefully by the weekend then I'll at least get the front door handles and mirrors done and a how to posted as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happyblue module ambient lights Kdun 1 2,566 9:th-Mar-2019, 10:22:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New member - Led lights HarryH 7 4,332 4:th-Jan-2019, 13:55:53
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J GTC Daytime running lights Wanna_be_dj 5 6,561 1:st-Jun-2018, 09:49:33
Last Post: Wanna_be_dj
  Ambience lights gtc Wullie1967 0 2,600 10:th-Mar-2018, 10:24:05
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Astra GTC ambience lights Wullie1967 2 3,490 9:th-Mar-2018, 19:14:13
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Unlocking with lights on Mspencer 10 6,500 21:st-Jan-2018, 20:32:19
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Licsence plate lights Nathjnz 2 2,956 11:th-Dec-2017, 16:37:25
Last Post: Nathjnz
  Auto Lights Breengin 8 5,277 11:th-Nov-2017, 21:17:42
Last Post: umognog
  Help day time lights andiman t 8 5,296 22:nd-Sep-2017, 07:08:53
Last Post: andiman t
  Fitted rear led lights, now bulb warning issues twinpipes 3 4,681 27:th-Jul-2017, 21:02:41
Last Post: Hummelshøj