Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sensors j gtc parking astra

astra j gtc parking sensors
Hello to all. I want to install parking sensors to my astra(my fault i didn't order them from factory). What's the difference between vauxhall kit http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=...lot%20rear and aftermarket parking sensors? Should i give the extra money?
Well I have the aftermarket ones and only real difference is that the beeping noise comes from a mini speaker which you get with the kit rather than coming via the car speakers so obviously wouldn't mute any music you have playing...also aftermarket kits are massively cheaper than genuine vauxhall ones.

Bit of a faff to fit the aftermarket ones but once in they work great had mine for about a year now and never had an issue with them

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

So the only difference is the speaker. Not sure if the vauxhall kit worth the extra money
I definitely wouldn't say so! Couple hundred kinds here in the UK to have vauxhall add it to your car, cost me about £20 for the aftermarket kit. It comes on when I put the car into reverse and the beeping is plenty loud enough too... Front parking sensors are a different story however, I think you'd have to have vauxhall do those as they're activated via a switch on the centre console

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

the link i gave in the first post is genuine vauxhall part. it costs 450 euro. It doesn't include front sensors.
Holy hell! At £100 id have said maybe worth paying them to keep everything official and neat but no way would I pay that much for a 20 quid job you can do yourself! I have a tutorial on this site explaining how to do it if you need help

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

I have factory parking sensors.

What display do you have on the dash? can you upload a pic with it turned on?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The car is still at the dealer. I have the big screen and navi 950. This is a quick picture I took yesterday from dealer. If it helps. I think that this kit down't show information on the screen.
I can't make out the screen from that but if you have the screen I have with 3 tabs

You can get a visual display as well as warning tone.

With the factory fitted system.

But you may well find the system the dealer fit will not be the proper factory fitted system you would get if ordered if with car.

You could however fit the factory fitted system but it may cost more than what the dealers will charge.

I'd just buy a £30 kit off eBay TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
i have front and rear factory sensors also
but my display is a bit different to yours rusty
as i dont have the rear on the screen but i have the sensors
and it does bug me i want it like you're one with both on the screen
i also have the same display with the 3 tabs on it
have i missed a setting ??

Most likely old software mate or its just different on the Sig

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
i have the same screen with you guys. in the pdf in the first post it doesn't seem to connect with the display. only beep
I can't get that link to open

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2j7xlsbom9yal...1.pdf?dl=0
(8:th-Jan-2016, 20:54:56)gsisr Wrote: here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2j7xlsbom9yal...1.pdf?dl=0

Thanks, although it's using parts that they use at the factory it's not the full factory fitted system.

They plug a speaker in rather than it coming through the radio.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ive got the same display as tucpal, haven't seen the other display before either with both on.
(8:th-Jan-2016, 19:31:47)tucpal Wrote: i have front and rear factory sensors also
but my display is a bit different to yours rusty
as i dont have the rear on the screen but i have the sensors
and it does bug me i want it like you're one with both on the screen
i also have the same display with the 3 tabs on it
have i missed a setting ??

I've got the same on mine mate. it bugs me as i want the display that Rusty has!!
I know its old thread but not worth it to open new one. I have both front and rear park sensors factory fitted but I dont have the display only the beep. Is there any way I can enable this one? Thanks in advance
What display do you have?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Picture is from internet, but mine is the same. I dont have any parking display appearing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes you should be able to have the front sensors turned on but it would have to be done via MDI.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hey guys,

Im new on this forum and I have the same problem. I have rear and front sensors and only the beep, i font have this on display. I activated few more thing via OPCOM, but didnt saw this option? Is there any chance I can activate it via OPCOM? And what is MDI, this is stupid question.

One more problem I have, I dont have this white ligh on dash board, image: https://prnt.sc/gfcjj8

And one more question, how can i activate this kind of BC - http://performancedrive.com.au/wp-conten...luster.jpg

SOrry for bad English and thanks a lot!
You can't do it with op-com MDI is the dealer tool & it's not cheap £1600 upwards it's not worth buying a clone, then you need to pay GM to use software etc.

The white lights you may have the SMD's on the board which would mean just a case of swapping rings over for white white.

As for that display it's not possible without an IPC upgrade.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(16:th-Sep-2017, 08:15:13)Rusty2009 Wrote: You can't do it with op-com MDI is the dealer tool & it's not cheap £1600 upwards it's not worth buying a clone, then you need to pay GM to use software etc.

The white lights you may have the SMD's on the board which would mean just a case of swapping rings over for white white.

As for that display it's not possible without an IPC upgrade.

Okay, Ill find someone who have MID. THanks a lot Rusy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofit front parking sensors (GTC) pedroc1999 3 2,358 27:th-May-2023, 23:46:17
Last Post: M.Duman
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,532 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,052 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,564 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,797 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,891 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,027 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,154 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  parking sensor Qaranc 1 2,224 8:th-Feb-2021, 01:33:43
Last Post: loeb
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,479 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:21:24)