Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
moved plate my i so front

So I moved my front plate...
Thoughts???

Using Tapatalk
Still looks odd mate lol think it's better in the middle.

But each to their own.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
different but not for me.
Honestly.......
Ha, I just like the look of the front grill opened up & had to put the plate somewhere
Using Tapatalk
Didn't you get pressed plates or am I thinking of someone else with a white GTC?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Someone else mate, not a fan of pressed plates
Using Tapatalk
All i have to says is why lol
Sorry mate, it only fits cars that were designed to go with these side-plates to begin with- like this one:

And even this example is not the best-looking (to put it mildly).
So we're all in agreement, it looks great!!!

The question is why not? It's nice to try these things & only have to peel off the sticker then screw the plate back on.
Using Tapatalk
j1odya Wrote:peel off the sticker then screw the plate back on.

i complelety agree
It's always good to try different things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you're going to find it's something that only very few will like.

Like I said I think it's due to not seeing it before on the Astra's or any other Vauxhall.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It makes the car totaly un-balanced. even with the none legal plate. Jody, think about the spacing of the letters which are against the law.
Number Plates Fitted After 1st September 2001

Number plates fitted after 1 September 2001 must display characters that meet the dimensions shown below.

Characters

Group 1 Height 79mm

Width (except Number 1 or letter I) 50mm

Stroke 14mm

Space between characters 11mm

Space between groups 33mm

Top bottom and side margins (minimum) 11mm

Space between vertical lines 19mm
Thank you Mr Officer, are you one of these people who do not speed to?

The main thing is the characters are the right size so I am not obscuring it.
Using Tapatalk
Thats right never over 75 on the clock = 70 MPH acording to my sat-nav. I see people doing 80+ and you catch up with them at the next traffic lights or roundabout. Just a waste of fuel.
Migwell030744 Wrote:Thats right never over 75 on the clock = 70 MPH acording to my sat-nav. I see people doing 80+ and you catch up with them at the next traffic lights or roundabout. Just a waste of fuel.

Ha you're talking to the man who does 150 mile a day commute to work my friend, I am well versed in cruising to work at 70 in the inside lane going past the people who just came past me faster than an F1 car now stuck in the fast lane doing 50 behind everyone else but refusing to use the "slow" lane, that's a whole new thread lol
Using Tapatalk
I recon they don't know how to use their mirror's to see if someone is behind them. They have never read the Highway Code either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is the view most seen by others
Not something that personally appeals to myself but at the end of the day, its YOUR car, its YOUR choice, I'd prefer it in the windscreen tbh

Whats the score with having it in the windscreen? Free up a bit more space on front end, potentially get a bit more air into the intercooler
Considered sticking it on the windscreen but the wipers cover too much of it lol
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Considered sticking it on the windscreen but the wipers cover too much of it lol

Here's what I would do, stick it on the bumper above the vauxhall badge, THEN the recess in the bumper where the plate used to be, I would fill it in and spray it over, that's what I think would look good
I mocked up putting the plate that high but it looks terrible, and with the angle it's staring at the sky.
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:I mocked up putting the plate that high but it looks terrible, and with the angle it's staring at the sky.

If someone does a photoshop we can have a vote lol
Vote all you like lol
Using Tapatalk
Or another option would be to fill in the reses and spray it, then stick it on that bit where you filled it in. Under the logo
Not sure how you would smooth it though as half is plastic matt black grill and the other shiny sprayed white bumper.

I wonder if it would be better further under that headlight, only problem it would cover the headlight washers.
Using Tapatalk
Cut it around the washer?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Cut it around the washer?

Have thought about this... maybe if I find a day when I have the patience to do so lol
Using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofit front parking sensors (GTC) pedroc1999 3 2,364 27:th-May-2023, 23:46:17
Last Post: M.Duman
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,677 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Front PDC wiring diagram milozic 1 2,475 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:33:19
  Front suspension knock????? Sri~mike 10 8,122 22:nd-Dec-2020, 10:21:36
Last Post: M222RJF
  Check Number Plate Lamp Warning mp21 10 8,451 10:th-Nov-2020, 23:33:17
Last Post: Galway11
  VXR Front Bumper onto a 5dr Bear 2 3,364 3:rd-Oct-2020, 11:48:59
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,640 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
  Gtc 2017 1.4t 120 front brake disc size Nathan191210 2 2,798 25:th-Apr-2020, 07:41:05
  Can You Add Front Fogs to an Astra J? SAMW98SO 2 3,723 10:th-Apr-2020, 13:29:58
Last Post: SAMW98SO
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,410 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb