Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
flutter turbo a17dth

A17DTH turbo flutter
Hi guys,

A year or so ago I had a 1.7 CDTI J which occasionally at low speeds you'd hear a fluttery noise when you lifted of, I never had the cad long so didn't worry. It was a 73k car.

I now have a car with the same engine (125bhp) and its doing it all the time, I can drive along at 60 & if you listen carefully and take your foot off the accelerator it will flutter. I'm now panicking the turbo is on its way out (112k) - anyone else get this noise? I'm wondering whether to chop it in before it's too late.

Help?
The wife's pug had started doing it 180k got the mechanic to check it out and he said nothing to worry about.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The 1.7 cdti does seem to make strange noises lots of complaints about that one
A Peugeot at 180k!? That's a rarity in itself

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Is this the turkey noise that plagues the 1.7's? I've had mine done under warranty 2yrs ago but it's come back now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Think it must be, after reading it looks like it's the fuel filter.. Will change it tomorrow and see.
Think they changed fuel filter and fuel pipes. I was given the worksheet on here when I posted about it, I'll try and find it

Using Tapatalk
Think it will be in common problems section
Here it is Whirring noise http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=317

Using Tapatalk
Cheers, is there a charge for Vauxhall to do this it is it covered as its a common problem?
Outside warranty I think so. They've said its not harming any components it's just air going through the filter

Using Tapatalk
OK thanks, I've just been and collected a new filter so will fit it tonight and see if it makes a difference! Cheers

Just listened to the vids, same noise as mine.

Strange as it sounds just like turbo flutter!
Strange it is, thing is its louder outside so quiet embarrassing lol. I made the vids because Sod's law the car wouldn't do it when I took it in thankfully the guy there knew about it. Let me know if just changing the filter works

Using Tapatalk
Sorry for the delay I've been working a lot and only finished at 4 today. Decided to change the filter as soon as I got home... Easiest thing ever!

Jack rear drivers side up slightly (I didn't even have to lift it so the rear wheel lifted, just took the suspension up.

36mm socket/adjustable spanner to undo the filter whilst having a tray or something to catch the diesel in

Spin the filter/bottom off, let the diesel drain for a few seconds

Swap the filter over, change the blue seal on the filter housing

Screw the bottom back on, nip it tight with the socket/spanner

Done!

Took me 15 mins all in, the car will start straight away and run for ~20 secs as there's fuel in the pipes/injectors but it will then stop and won't start as the filter housing has no fuel. Turn the ignition on and leave it for the pump to prime.. Do this 6-8 times. Then turn it over & it will eventually start.

Just took it up the road & no flutter noise! Il give it a good run tomorrow to be sure but it seems to have fixed it.

Guess il just get used to replacing the fuel filter every 5 months/9000 miles!
We had a how-to for it too

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...iesel-cars
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
It's wrong though lol. You don't need to touch the sensor, battery or fuel pipes.. It's just creating unnecessary work.

I had seen the how to but decided against doing the parts that are completely unnecessary
Ah ok you can add your way to the how-to keeps it one place for others.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,541 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Please advise - Z16LET engine (1.6 turbo, 132 kW) - is it a direct or indirect port? UseThe4s 2 2,622 18:th-Apr-2021, 09:58:47
Last Post: UseThe4s
  Turbo failure common? Euroshopper 2 2,460 24:th-Nov-2020, 08:35:48
  !.4 Turbo remap Midlands simsgtc 5 4,081 15:th-Jul-2018, 21:51:29
Last Post: simsgtc
  Astra 1.6 Turbo Engine light P0171 abba34 1 4,974 7:th-Aug-2017, 04:21:09
Last Post: sanj424
  Turbo charging a non-turbo 1.6 Elite Ceepee 10 8,240 27:th-Apr-2016, 18:50:32
Last Post: Ceepee
  Turbo Noise Jamiemccallum_ 3 4,145 2:nd-Mar-2016, 18:35:37
Last Post: tucpal
  Induction Kit for 1.6 Turbo Tjs1ngh 11 8,665 6:th-Oct-2015, 22:01:56
Last Post: amjgtc
  Finally picked up my astra 1.4 turbo limited edition Jon3166 14 9,443 23:rd-Nov-2014, 15:29:37
  Maff sensor housing for 1.6 turbo SI SRI 7 6,080 18:th-Oct-2014, 01:13:55
Last Post: tucpal