Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
which me bug things small

Small things which bug me
Keys!

I hate manky looking car keys. I don't know why but I always associate it with unkempt cars.

Mine, I would consider borderline manky. How can I solve the lack of chrome on my flip button? I'm thinking chrome spray..?

I don't want to replace it if I can help it as it'll need to be reprogrammed

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
My keys not done that what are you doing playing with it all the time? My buttons aren't very white anymore tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Couldn't tell you. When I collected it the button was like that. My focus wasn't like it after 7yrs so I'm perplexed at this... It bugs the life out of me lol.

You can buy replacement cases and swap over the internals / get blade cut I think?
Yeah but the genuine case is glued shut. I don't fancy hacking the key fob open. Also the replacement ones don't have the Vauxhall badge. Small things lol

o no you can not swap them over as said there glued
i tried it and they just don't work crap
What a bummer, I don't have the issue with mine as I don't even have a flip key!

Only got the one too, need to arrange another but it's like £120... hate having only one key though.
I'm tempted to get a genuine one on ebay but not sure whether they can be reprogrammed.

Oh well, it's character lol

Sure it was £90 from lookers
(8:th-Sep-2015, 23:02:08)tucpal Wrote: Sure it was £90 from lookers

Hmmm... booked in on Friday at Lookers Liverpool so I'll ask em.

Cheers
You will need your key pass code they order the key and then book in for programing
Iirc dealers charge £120+ for a new key programmed.

I got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vauxha...20fa4e1043 and programmed it myself.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Assuming programming yourself is not really an option for most tho
(9:th-Sep-2015, 23:35:55)CRNeo Wrote: Assuming programming yourself is not really an option for most tho

No that's true but if you live near me only £15 to do it :-)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I put my spare key somewhere safe. Can't find it now. Auto vaux will supply a replacement key for £65 cut you just need to get it programmed afterwards. That even includes the fancy vxr key. Which is the one I've misplaced. On a plus note the dealer had offered to do it all in for £80. They said they will even remove the old key and when I find it program it back in for me
£80 does seem a good price.

When I got my J it only came with 1 key which had a broken case so I ordered a new case and set about swapping the internals... when I did this I accidently snapped the end off of the circuit board and rendered it useless as the car wouldn't start.

I had to pay a locksmith to come 20 miles to my house, he provided two new genuine keys which he cut and coded for £200.

I even got to choose if I wanted Opel or Vaux, so I got one of each

The Mrs got me one of these to protect my key and also apparently because it's bright I shouldn't be able to misplace the key.
(22:nd-Sep-2015, 17:59:57)JohnL Wrote:
The Mrs got me one of these to protect my key and also apparently because it's bright I shouldn't be able to misplace the key.

I need one of these!
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILICONE-KEY-FOB...0408.m2460 this is where she got it from
Does it not gather fluff from your pockets lol

Not yet it's not and I've been using it over about 2 weeks
Well the state of my key bugged the life out of me... For whatever reason I don't know Haha.

Managed to pick up a decent quality one on ebay for £4.75. Time to get it cut and programmed.

it won't have a circuit board in it if its the cheap one
Oh contraire my friend. It's a genuine GM key.

ok mate ha ha
I won it on a bid. Given it was cheap I was like why not

I'm lost, If it's used it won't program to your car.

Your only way round is to try and open in away you can glue it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Won't it?

Are you sure it can't be programmed? When I spoke with the dealer about my missing key they said they would remove the missing key and re-add it when I found it
I'm surprised if it can't be. That would mean all of the ones on ebay are being sold under false pretences

If the key is already programmed to the car it can be removed and re-added, the chip is only programmable to one car.

If you were to buy a new key when it comes to programming it the following happens.

1. All keys are deleted
2. New key get's programmed
3. Old keys get re-programmed back into the car.

With older keys vauxhall did for the old veccy's etc you could buy a new virgin chip slot it in the donor key and program it no problems, with the new keys the chip is soldered to the board.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
So this key is useless to me?

Yes mate all the used keys on eBay are useless.

spend £35 on a new one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-2-...1c529b69c4
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small glove box removal chrisb2511 7 6,261 5:th-Mar-2019, 13:14:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Getting things done black.. Kris 27 12,388 20:th-Jan-2016, 19:39:37
Last Post: Kris
  Few things ordered Cameron UK 10 6,999 16:th-Apr-2014, 00:02:52
Last Post: Migwell030744