Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
black done getting things

Getting things done black..

I am getting my wing mirrors and roof done black. They are getting sprayed gloss black. I also wanna do my grill, but don't know if it will look nice in black or white. But most grills I see only have 1 strip of chrome then some mesh underneath yet mine has 2. Would I be better off buying a 1  strip grill first? or is there a way I can snap the bottom piece off or something?

Also if anyone is good at PS could you do a little pic with the roof and wing mirror black, and the grill in black or white ? thanks.
I'd go black like I did... I did it with plastidip:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
that does look very j1odya
THANK YOU that looks sweet mate. I still prefer the one piece grill than the 2 piece but after seeing that pic it looks nice. Only thing i don't know now is, when i get my roof done, shall i put my shark fin to white or keep it black?

Been quoted £180 for the roof, mirrors and grill and he'll need my car for 24 hours. does that sound ok?
Keep it black... consider having it done matt black.

I'd expect it to take 24 hours if they have an oven to cook it dry!

Using Tapatalk
Nah mate id never go matt its just not my cup of tea. Im going gloss black. Next month then i think ill get my wheels done gloss black too.
I hate black wheels lol

Using Tapatalk
Mate use plasti dip. It's the safest way if you are not sure for the result. Do the same for your wheels too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loving those black wheels jody. Would go very nice on my car

Yea mate I looked into plasti dip but I'll probably ***** something up lol...
You're welcome to them, swap for yours? The front tyres need replacing lol

Using Tapatalk
Mate theres 4 brand new conti on mine that have only done 300 miles lol.
Deal!

Using Tapatalk
(17:th-Jan-2016, 20:57:38)J1ODYA Wrote: Deal!

lol lol nice try :P
Right so I've booked it in for 2 weeks tomorrow and its now £240 for the mirrors, grill to be done black with a white badge, and the roof and he's also refurbishing my curbed alloy. So i was pretty happy with that. Just hope it looks good once its done.

Want my grill to look like this -
I like that alot
Been told by a few now that going gloss black will only cause me problems? That it scratches easily and in the summer it will look terrible? Anyone had this problem? Thats like saying don't ever buy a black car really isnt it??

Ive booked it in and now I'm getting doubts about it.

Also do the door pillars have to be done too and the chrome around the windows?
Mine has been gloss black for nearly two years. You do need to keep it clean but it looks much better than matt. Wrapping will have issues no matter what as not as good as paint.
(18:th-Jan-2016, 18:31:42)WhelanUK Wrote: Mine has been gloss black for nearly two years. You do need to keep it clean but it looks much better than matt. Wrapping will have issues no matter what as not as good as paint.

Your spot on mate. They just didn't realise I was getting it sprayed. they thought it was a wrap. So happy days. I cant wait now.

Did you get your door pillars done and the chrome round the window mate?
I went wrap but will get it painted when can afford it. I left the chrome around the window as I like it. Didn't get door pillars done but will next time around. I went to get a quote for paint a couple weeks ago and was told to do a proper job windscreen would have to come out. Think I will try another garage.
(18:th-Jan-2016, 22:05:09)WhelanUK Wrote: I went wrap but will get it painted when can afford it. I left the chrome around the window as I like it. Didn't get door pillars done but will next time around. I went to get a quote for paint a couple weeks ago and was told to do a proper job windscreen would have to come out. Think I will try another garage.

wtf lol windscreen out lolololol. oh ok mate i thought you had it sprayed. Cant wait to get mine done now : cheers mate
For £240 if it's a good job I'll be coming to you to get mine done
(18:th-Jan-2016, 22:20:44)WhelanUK Wrote: For £240 if it's a good job I'll be coming to you to get mine done

Im going to ian davies in lye industrial estate in pontarddulais mate its in swansea. His shot is ID autos. Always been to him for repairs everyone uses him round here. Was going to him when i had a peugeot 206 gti about 10 years ago for him to spray and fit a different body kit for me. Top bloke, 

I just don't know wether to just get my wheels done with him or not. I am planning on getting the VXR wheels soon, but don't know what all my black bits will look like with silver alloys... He only charges £40 a corner for the wheels.
What wheels you got at the minute?
(19:th-Jan-2016, 23:28:00)WhelanUK Wrote: What wheels you got at the minute?

These mate the 19" fan type ones

click image upload
I wouldn't do them black, maybe the centre caps to tie in.
I sold my 19s... they look crap in black, the centre caps rusty has in black I think (not my cup of tea)

Tyres cost a fortune to replace

Using Tapatalk
Yeah I colour coded the centre caps to the car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Tyres aren't too bad £140 a corner for a decent tyre. I am keeping them as they are for now, as I'm going to be getting the 20" vxr wheels anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gloss black mirror caps Jhill7168 5 4,231 15:th-Sep-2017, 12:04:10
Last Post: Daniel199025
  Roof wrapping gloss black twinpipes 3 3,661 24:th-Jun-2017, 20:37:30
Last Post: Nathjnz
  Black head lining Rusty2009 24 12,819 23:rd-Aug-2016, 21:36:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Griffin badge black and red chrisb2511 13 7,778 3:rd-Jul-2016, 09:54:06
Last Post: chrisb2511
  Small things which bug me bhalay207 34 14,598 8:th-Oct-2015, 07:27:07
Last Post: bhalay207