Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
remote factory start

Factory Remote Start
Hi All

Was looking around in my settings the other day and I saw "Remote start" in the options.

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...operation/

I don't believe I have the correct keyfob as the link above says "remote vehicle start buttons"

Any idea if its possible to retrofit / get this working? Would love in the winter months to remote start it!

Cheers
Following, I'd love this too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is a very interesting one i have not seen that one
sure rusty will be all over this one
Be another 'European cars only' hahaha! Be great to have this for winter though!

I found this setting on my cd500 nav & thought it would be good..
I think this is Europe only I can look into tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I don't think I've ever heard or seem of an Astra with this remote start business. Then again, has anyone seen a J with keyless entry? I've seen the H but never the J

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Not seen a J with keyless entry but have seen an option when programming.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Come to think if it, the only H I saw with it was the vxr

(1:st-Aug-2015, 21:36:30)Rusty2009 Wrote: I think this is Europe only I can look into tho.

Well lets hope you find some good info! Willing to try things out if needed.
I know the H had it but was very troublesome. The RS has it and plenty get stolen due to a security issue.

Don't think I'd like it though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do Vauxhall do it on any of their models?

Got the option on my 2014 LE
Interestingly been doing some more digging

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lite&hl=en

On their site they say that "Opel Astra" is supported: http://obdcanex.com/o/

Their demo video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEYHTuTs1OA#t=25

The adapter is amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006NZTZLQ/

Rusty: it even allows you to chirp the horn when locking which I saw is something you were asking about a while ago...

I have emailed them to see what they say about mine as they state some GM cars between 2007-2012 are not supported fully, mine is a 2011

Will keep you posted
That looks good but does the OBD have power when the car is locked and no key in the ignition? As if not it renders it pretty useless.

If it works, I want one! Lol
Yes it does mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ooh I'm having that when its iPhone supported then!
Got a reply from the software company, they reckon it will work..

Guess what I am buying next month
cool let us know how it goes if you go for it
As great as that looks, surely it makes your car more vulnerable to theft?

How would the insurance view it?

(7:th-Aug-2015, 22:21:40)bhalay207 Wrote: As great as that looks, surely it makes your car more vulnerable to theft?

How would the insurance view it?

I cant comment what insurance will make it of but from a technical point I can cover it.

The Bluetooth part of this this dongle will only be visible and accept connections when you press the button physically on the unit, the rest of the time you cannot see it or pair with it. I am not aware of any attacks that can force a bluetooth device to advertise itself and subsequently connect if it is hidden, however I will be trying out some various bits and bobs as I like to tinker!

To be extra sure I will probably remove the button once its paired with my phone by de-soldering it, this would stop anyone jumping in the car and starting it by repairing it to their phone. Although I am not even sure if this attack would work if they smashed a window as the alarm would be going off and I would hope the immobilizer would stop the engine starting.

I would stay away from the wifi version of the dongle though, this broadcasts a Wifi network all the time, and depending on the security used, could be vulnerable to attack, having that would make me very nervous.

There is a bigger question though if this does work, why on earth is it even possible?! I wouldn't be surprised it people start disabling their ODB ports or purchasing port locks if this is the case.
They do port locks?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
http://sailesmarketing.com/product-category/obdsaver/

http://www.tvl-ltd.co.uk/content/ecuobd-...ion-device

Most people talk about fitting a switch to one of the wires then hiding that away somewhere. That way the port is disabled untill you flick the switch, not fool proof but would certainly slow them down.
Interesting will have to keep an eye on the first link although doubt they will cover Vauxhalls.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think this will work as I have seen a YouTube clip with a Astra j with remote start last year
Hi All

Just to keep you all posted, bought the dongle today, should be able to report back to you on Wednesday/Thursday next week!
Curious to say the least

cool keep us updated and give us as much info as possible pics etc
Quick query, if you leave car in gear, then try to use this would car start automatically in neutral or just lurch and stall?

Also how would it start as you need to depress the clutch
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Id imagine its programmed to bypass the clutch. ... at a guess

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
That's a set up and a half isn't it. Only thing that would bug me is the key fob... What a chunky beast

Sorry for the time between posts here guys.

Just an update, got the dongle, works very well with the car with the Torque and app it comes with to show lots of readouts. Looks a bit NFS when you have it loaded up on your phone!

I haven't got round to testing the remote start yet mainly because I read this review of the app

"Didn't start the engine! For my Holden Commodore it could lock and unlock the doors but it didn't start the engine...and when I attempted to turn off the engine using this app it affected the ECM and the engine stopped responding to the accelerator pedal. Luckily I managed to reprogram the ECM and the car is fine now."

So given I really didn't want to end up in this situation on my own, I will give it a test when I see Rusty next week as I hope he would be able to get it going again if this did happen!
By the sounds of that it try's to write something to ECU (ECM) which then cocks up (most likely it's trying write the clutch to start out).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Any news on this? I'm a bit curious on it, however i had imagined it to be done via 4G on a strict VPN connection, so i could remote start from a distance (i live in a apartment, and can't allways be lucky to park in front of the entrance). I guess you could fit a hidden android phone in the vehicle, to log in to remotely however.
At this rate we may aswell try and retro fit onstar to our cars lol.

sure it is possible already seen it on a 65 plate gtc ha ha
(3:rd-Jan-2016, 19:18:32)tucpal Wrote: sure it is possible already seen it on a 65 plate gtc ha ha
What, retro fit of Onstar?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vauxhall installed Onstar on new GTC's as they're not discontinuing that yet are they.

(4:th-Jan-2016, 02:19:51)bhalay207 Wrote:
(3:rd-Jan-2016, 19:18:32)tucpal Wrote: sure it is possible already seen it on a 65 plate gtc ha ha

I wouldn't be surprised if Vauxhall installed Onstar on new GTC's as they're not discontinuing that yet are they.

On star is on the new gtcs mate comes with a free year too.
(4:th-Jan-2016, 21:37:33)Kris Wrote:
(4:th-Jan-2016, 02:19:51)bhalay207 Wrote:

On star is on the new gtcs mate comes with a free year too.
Wait for the rental market to be flooded with them and then for them be defleeted or written off and they'll be a few retro fits no doubt.

I wouldn't retrofit onstar. see no point, free for a year then costs money.

I very much doubt GM would even hand out VCI codes for it anyway.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Its got to be fitted to every new car now they all have there own version of it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel remote control retrofit EricMod 32 22,331 10:th-Jul-2021, 12:37:38
Last Post: carolef1984
  factory alarm roger_nl 5 2,454 8:th-Sep-2020, 15:43:11
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Remote boot popping on a meriva (non canbus boot release i believe) gazz292 1 3,798 11:th-Feb-2018, 09:04:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Factory fitted AMP Rusty2009 8 5,630 17:th-May-2016, 10:33:56
Last Post: J1ODYA

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (28:th-Jan-2024, 22:03:28)