Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
pipe leak oil from

Oil leak from pipe
Hi guys,

I noticed oil kind of near the bottom of the engine, lower down than the battery. I think it may be coming from a black pipe that looks like it has a large circlip and metal clip around it. I've attached a photo here and I think it could have been dripping down over time. The car is booked into my local garage tomorrow (Tuesday 17th March) but I wondered if anyone knows what this black pipe is for and should oil be coming out of it?
As always, thanks in advance.

Which one the big one or the bottom smaller one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Its the big one in the centre of the photo.
I could be wrong (Don't really play with Engines) but it could be part of air intake system, have you got a zoomed out Picture?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Returned from the garage and they only charged me £20 for cleaning and re-greasing the gasket on what turned out to be a turbo Intercooler pipe. They advised that if it still leaks oil then I would have to go back to have the pipe replaced as they didn't think you can just buy the gasket/o-ring. Anyway, I was over in Chester and popped into the local VX dealership who tell me that yes, you can buy just the gasket/o-ring and its £2.50 so this seems my worse case scenario, phew.
The gasket has started leaking again and so a trip to VX in Northwich was needed today to order a gasket. After deliberation on their parts computer with technical drawings of the engine parts, it appears that you can't buy just the gasket and so I've had to buy the whole Intercooler pipe for £109. Ouch!
I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow and get it fitted, looks a doddle actually with just a large circlip holding it on at either end.
hope you get it sorted mate
Hi!

I know it's a old thread, but i've the same problem.... Cleaned the engine but few miles later I see the leak near the pipe.

Just wanna know if replacing the pipe solved the problem...
Hi bud

Yes it solved the problem, seemed expensive but it was annoying the hell out of me and solved it instantly.

Graham
Thanks for your feedback!