Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
light fog chrome trim

Chrome Trim Fog Light
Hi all,

Not something I'll be able to do any time soon but thought I'd ask anyway so that I have the info for when I am able to do it.

I wanted to have the chrome trim around the indicator / fog lights as mine doesn't have this. I've found the part I need which looks like this:

[ATTACH]500[/ATTACH]

It comes as the indicator/fog light holder and the chrome trim is separate. My question is whether or not I'd be able to install this chrome trim onto my current light holder or if I'd need to fit the whole part (with holder) in order to get that chrome trim?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

the whole thing needs to be fitted i believe but the indicator you have will swap over then you just need the fogs
you could just fit them till you have the money to wire them up at a later date
I know the lower grill has a black plastic filler if you don't have the chrome so I would of thought it would of been the same on the fog covers, can you take yours off and have a look?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hmmm mixed opinions there then! [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] yeah I was planning on just swapping the actual holder over for now and then doing the fog bulbs and wiring at a later date. Mainly just wanting to do this to improve the looks.
[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] that's what I was thinking too..was looking at my light surround the other day and it does look like it would just clip our and the chrome trim bit would clip in because as you say it just looks like a filler.

Is there an easy way to find out if this is the case without taking the whole bumper off?

mate you don't need to take the bumper off for this just that one part I'll do a how-to later.

BTW I was looking at that on ebay the other week but missed the end time it was up for £5.99 I think now its like £18.00
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Result! Thanks dude and are you talking about the part that I posted a photo of?

Yes mate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah it's £18 with postage atm but it's £30 from auto vaux. Shame the eBay person only has one for one side of the car too

Hey Guys! Looking for a quick bit of help here before the eBay listing ends. So it turns out that the part that Autovaux sell is literally just the chrome moulding for around the fog light housing. But the one on eBay is the whole thing...trim and housing, would i be able to just get two lots of the chrome trim and fit that to my car or would I need to buy the housing and trim like in that eBay link?

Not too bothered about actually installing the fog lights ya see...just want the chrome trim on my existing indicator/fog surround if possible

EDIT: So turns out i would need the whole thing...black surround and chrome trim, both are sold separately with the chrome trim being £30!!! So dread to think how much the black housing is! :(

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coolant light coming on when coolant is full (new sensor and no leaks) baffling me! Brasseyebaby 3 2,945 2:nd-Feb-2021, 21:12:47
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Drivers seat broken trim Big Dave2 10 4,539 21:st-Aug-2020, 22:19:41
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Exterior roof trim needs replaced hughg176 1 1,734 18:th-Aug-2020, 07:18:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  DPF REGEN LIGHT Starie 113 55,683 19:th-Apr-2020, 21:00:20
Last Post: Multiskilled
Spanner Light illuminated with engine off Wwood1991 2 3,239 11:th-Feb-2020, 13:01:57
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Rear Light Replacement (Need Advice) A.ROD 2 4,921 17:th-Dec-2018, 19:17:48
Last Post: A.ROD
  Help engine light Mspencer 12 8,001 18:th-Mar-2018, 17:17:36
Last Post: Mspencer
  New trim colour Mspencer 2 3,324 3:rd-Feb-2018, 09:20:18
Last Post: Mspencer
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,500 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  Rear fog light bulb ID jl47 0 3,897 15:th-Dec-2017, 15:24:34
Last Post: jl47