Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to window switches wrap how

How to: wrap window switches

This is a how to change the color of your window switch surround to a gloss black instead of a horrible grey

YOU WILL NEED:

1.WRAP (bubble free, bit more expensive but 100% better and still cheap) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190740632883

2. Wrap tool (would highly recommend this when doing ANY wrapping) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291099958969

3. Hairdryer CLICK HERE FOR BEST VERSION

1. To remove the window switch surrounds, gently pull up from the front in front of the door handle and unplug the plug

2. get your wrap and measure the square hold that you need to cut, mark this on the back white bit of the paper and cut out:

3. remove sticky backing, smooth out bubbles with wrap tool

4. use heat to get finally smooth, leave about 5mm excess, this will fold over and heat this bit to hold it all in place

IT WILL THEN LOOK LIKE THIS (pictures dont do it justice, will get some better pictures)

updated, sorry about pictures size!! if anyone can be bothered resizing them, be my guest
good idea well done
i might have a go myself
tucpal Wrote:good idea well done
i might have a go myself

They match the black on the door handles as well, don't know why Vauxhall didn't do them gloss!
nice good little tut mate
i did get around to doing this some time ago
but never put the pics up here

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Window lift switch GTC andyp 0 2,660 7:th-Apr-2020, 08:51:03
Last Post: andyp