Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
diesel fuel filter too out much came

fuel filter, too much diesel came out
I filled the car up with diesel and drove to my friends house to do the oil change. After that we attempted the fuel filter by turning the drain screw. However, the diesel just kept on coming out and at just over 2 litres was lost we tightened it back up in the hope some knows why it didn't stop?
I was of the understanding that just the fuel out of the filter housing would come out.
Can anyone please help?
rusty will know but would assume there is a stop value
[MENTION=85]grahamfromoldham[/MENTION] this should be what your after..

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...KnUYUPRLsQ

it is the 17cdti you have yes

sure you just unclip the connector and remove the two pipes move them out the way then undo the screw and twist the top off
we need a how to for that also mate
Thanks Tucpal.
sure the only difference is after unplugging the pipes and connector is there is a bolt at the bottom that you undo to access the filter

tucpal Wrote:rusty will know but would assume there is a stop value

Haha I don't know this one mate it's only been done once and that was by my mechanic at the service.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
did you sort it out then
Doh, its so obvious about unclipping the two pipes that we didn't even think about it. Two grown men with years of engineering experience and we were scratching our heads. It might have had something to do with us both not thinking straight because of how cold it was back in Oldham this morning.
Oh and yes, mine is the 1.7cdti 2010
I run out of time today so I'll sort it when I'm back home in Winsford tomorrow or Monday. I've got an oil leak which we noticed today and it doesn't look pretty. Possibly coming from somewhere not too far from the battery so I'm not too happy
no problem you need to trace that leek for sure let us know the out come and a how to on the fuel filter would be appreciated
I have replaced the diesel fuel filter today at a cost of £18.30 and my 'How to' guide is here:

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/threads/175...#post17852

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ram Air Filter KRISGTC 1 2,865 6:th-May-2017, 07:31:45
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Requesting High pressure fuel Pump part number o0kidd0o 0 3,608 3:rd-Mar-2017, 14:26:27
Last Post: o0kidd0o