Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
tint spray tech e

E Tech Spray Tint
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the exception tech spray tint? Just wanting to know the following things:

If it's easy enough to apply without removing the lights

If I need the whole kit or if I could just buy one or two cans of the tint and have done with it..

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

It's easy enough to use mate tape up a good area around the light's for over spray if you leave them on.

TBH I took the bits off I tinted.

I just got x2 cans of it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-TECH-LENS-TI...20dc2b5158.

Just make sure the surface is clean and dry before you spray I'd recommend some panel wipe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANEL-WIPE-WAT...27c6deddab

and some tack cloth
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TACK-CLOTH-x-1...234b1e5919
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Oh okay, is it easy enough to take the lights off then? Wasn't sure how to do it and couldn't find any tutorials either.

Did you end up using 2 cans aswell? Just that I can get the whole kit (1 tint spray, 1 remover spray, surface cleaning wipes) for the price of the two tint sprays you linked too. Just don't want to get half way through and find out I don't have enough lol

I did 2 J hi-level brake lights, 1 Peugeot hi-level 2 J fog lamps 2 J indicators (Facelift) and 2 Peugeot fog lamps and I used just over a CAN.

What Lights are you wanting to do?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Oh right! Should be good with the one can then shouldn't I and I want the rear lights doing so that they are tinted like the SRI and above models

follow the first few steps of this how-to for the outer rear lights.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...ear-bumper

Follow the steps in this how-to for the inner rear lights

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...erse-light
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
As always..vxoc provides! Haha. Thanks a million mate! will get this spray tint kit bought and try and do it next weekend

Good luck don't go too dark I would say 3 coats max on the tail lights, leave 10-15 mins between coats.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Not sure how you only used a small bit of the can...I've just used a whole can and they still don't like that dark :-/

So it sort of dried matte looking apart from a few areas which have glossy splatter marks on them :( look good other than that

The side that's a bit messed up isn't as dark as the other side either. I've bought another can of the tint so hopefully if I spray some more on this side to make it match the other side it will also make it matte too like the other side...what do people think?

personally hate the stuff tint wrap gives a much better look
Fair doos, I like it apart from thay bit I messed up lol. Aby ides if I can just paint over it to fix it and make it all matte or will it need taking off and doing again?

rusty says there is a remover you can use to get it off
Yeah I would remove it and start again mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah I have the remover, it came with the pack Will try that then when the new can comes. Cheers guys

Think I'm gonna have to just paint over the light because I've just read the leaflet thay came with it and I says a buffing wheel and cutting compound will be needed to get the tint off :--

Really? Try white sprit that's what I used with some elbow grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Okie dokie, will try that if spraying over it fails. May just be okay with a quick layer over the whole lot

When I did my old focus rear lights I just got the local bodyshop to do em for me with some tint in laquer... worked well looked awesome still passed MOT fine.

Think they charged me about £30
Not bad that mate!! Probably did a good job too didn't they. Not like me haha. Just need to patch up the second light though and jobs a good one with mine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Window tint Mspencer 4 3,607 22:nd-Sep-2017, 15:47:52
Last Post: mw2299
  Window Tint Price sheppy1 9 5,906 2:nd-Oct-2016, 14:58:52
Last Post: Tonto
  Front Bumper Re spray Mark574020 1 3,162 16:th-Sep-2016, 18:07:10
Last Post: tucpal
  Re-spray Rusty2009 39 16,457 9:th-Mar-2016, 14:04:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  window tint help oweh 16 10,006 25:th-Apr-2014, 22:13:33