Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
re spray

Re-spray
Right as some of you will know I'm planing on a full respray of my 5-door.

The colour is going to be Arden Blue or Boracay Blue Not made my mind up yet.

Speaking with the wife today I said how about a gloss-black roof or matalic black, which then left us trying to work out what to do with the rear spoiler.

Full black
Full Blue
Or Blue side's (then it would match the body work) and Black middle so it flows through with the roof colour.

I would Photoshop my ideas and although I can do some bits I can't do that so if there are any members handy with photo shopping that wouldn't mind spending time doing it please holla.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i cant help you with the photoshop but wow, loving your respray plans

i guess it would look abit like this

http://www.schwabenfolia-carwrapping.de/...-matt.html
(20:th-Jan-2016, 15:38:51)mrtc Wrote: i cant help you with the photoshop but wow, loving your respray plans

That's great thank-you I will sort some pics out later.

I'm fed with black & only got black as that was the colour the wife wanted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Wow that blue is lovely, just going off that car in link if stay blue spoiler to match but can not wait to see your car when it's done! I think I like the boracay blue more than Arden...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are gunna put a kit on like vx line etc? would be a shame not to what with the car going for paint

oh and you could body colour the wheel centrs like some new vauxhalls
I look forwards to this, but I agree with @Tonto the spoiler should match, it'd look silly with a different colour.
It'd only really work if you had a white car and put the spoiler black, along with the roof, wheels and wing mirrors
I might do a body kit not 100% sure depends on funds, I need to allow extra incase the front and rear screens break when removed.

I have my centre caps colour coded already but I'm thinking making them blue wouldn't work with my orange callipers.

If it's not sold my rear bumper skirt will be made to fit.

I'm looking at a cost of 5-6k I reckon all in.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
5-6k?? You crazy man!! How much will it cot for the respray?
Holy moly 5-6k... Will look nice when done though.

Put the money towards a nicer car mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Had all different prices from 1-2k 3-4K 4-5k deffo not going cheap and this is a full respray not just an outside spray job.

The wheels will be redone at same time and also a custom exhaust system.

I'm a firm believe that you get what you pay for.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
You certainly do get what you out for mate. If going the whole hog do it right! Can not wait to see this now hehe

(20:th-Jan-2016, 19:56:42)J1ODYA Wrote: Put the money towards a nicer car mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a nice car thank-you  just don't like the colour.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
its gunna be awesome
very big change but should look very very good
Id wrap it m8
(20:th-Jan-2016, 23:41:39)Bloopeta Wrote: Id wrap it m8

I thought about wrap but it isn't what I want and wouldn't be happy with the end result.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Its a daft idea, spending that kind of money. And for that reason i have to say

BLOODY GO FOR IT

Shame they didnt make astra j 5 doors in that shade
@mrtc is this any good It was taken on my phone

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'd say don't do the Arden! Go for something different and unique! I love the boracay blue. How about mixing it up with a pearl or metallic flip?

If it's what you want then go for it!

Astra J BiTurbo
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 16:21:13)Hev Wrote: I'd say don't do the Arden! Go for something different and unique! I love the boracay blue. How about mixing it up with a pearl or metallic flip?

If it's what you want then go for it!

I want metallic coating not sure on pearl.

Do want a blue tho no other blue 5-door on the road.

But the wife worries I won't be happy as I've also had silver cars lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Have you seen Waterworld blue? That's metallic! Hubby's corsa is that colour and so far it's the only SRi D I've seen in that colour.

Might be a bit darker than you want though!

She has a point Rusty, I mean it's not like nail varnish

Astra J BiTurbo
Yeah I'm not keen on the waterworld my problem is I got fed up of silver, but I really like the Arden blue & boracay blue but I know Arden is a soft paint which puts me off.

I've not seen any complaints on the boracay tho.

My favourite colour is Orange but I see all orange cars and they look awful so wouldn't go down that route.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 16:38:07)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yeah I'm not keen on the waterworld my problem is I got fed up of silver, but I really like the Arden blue & boracay blue but I know Arden is a soft paint which puts me off.

I've not seen any complaints on the boracay tho.

My favourite colour is Orange but I see all orange cars and they look awful so wouldn't go down that route.

why don't you do that really funky green like the ST's

I like the Boracay and with a metallic I reckon it will look really smart! - (make sure your metallic is sliver - job done )
Astra J BiTurbo
a nie pearl dark red, would look the nutz i think

also theres an mg blue colour, ignition/mica blue, looks awesome
Candy apple red is lovely!!

Astra J BiTurbo
Why not go for a GTC or VXR front bumper
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 18:16:52)cornishtaz Wrote: Why not go for a GTC or VXR front bumper

You just want to sell the lights lol.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 19:36:39)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 18:16:52)cornishtaz Wrote: Why not go for a GTC or VXR front bumper

You just want to sell the lights lol.
Yep just gathering dust
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I really don't think Arden or a bright blue will look good on a 5dr.

Wrapping is certainly the way forward, I can put you in touch with a company in Essex that do an awesome job and it'll cost much less than the crazy prices you've quoted. A wrap is great as its cost effective, not permanent and gives the paintwork protection.

You'll de-value the car by painting it too.
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 20:13:06)Jj0063 Wrote: I really don't think Arden or a bright blue will look good on a 5dr.

Wrapping is certainly the way forward, I can put you in touch with a company in Essex that do an awesome job and it'll cost much less than the crazy prices you've quoted. A wrap is great as its cost effective, not permanent and gives the paintwork protection.

Thanks but I'm 100% not going down the wrapping route just don't like the look of them.

I'm going down the permanent route of paint as IMHO it's a far better finish.

As to de-valuing the car if that's the case in not fussed I have no plans to ever sell it

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 21:56:37)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 20:13:06)Jj0063 Wrote: I really don't think Arden or a bright blue will look good on a 5dr.

Thanks but I'm 100% not going down the wrapping route just don't like the look of them.

I'm going down the permanent route of paint as IMHO it's a far better finish.

As to de-valuing the car if that's the case in not fussed I have no plans to ever sell it

man maths over rules logic, the car will be unique, your plan rusty is truly awesome
I would say arden blue. If you get a decent job done then the paint should be fine. My old vxr only had a few chips when traded in compared to the original paint job that was chipping every time dust landed on the car. it's good at hiding the dirt compared to white and black.

I'd say do the whole car blue as well
My vote goes to gloss black roof and full blue rear spoiler
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 22:29:00)JohnL Wrote: I would say arden blue. If you get a decent job done then the paint should be fine. My old vxr only had a few chips when traded in compared to the original paint job that was chipping every time dust landed on the car. it's good at hiding the dirt compared to white and black.

I'd say do the whole car blue as well

@JohnL how's is yours coming on as its in now isn't it?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Week Monday it goes in. Can't wait to tell the truth. Got the joys of using the bosses car tomorrow though should help pass the time B-)
(23:rd-Jan-2016, 00:03:47)JohnL Wrote: Week Monday it goes in. Can't wait to tell the truth. Got the joys of using the bosses car tomorrow though should help pass the time B-)

Cant wait to see the outcome of this, sounds great
Saw this colour today @Rusty. I know it's on a beemer but I quite liked it! Thought I would share

Astra J BiTurbo
any nnews on the respray pplans
none yet.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front Bumper Re spray Mark574020 1 3,171 16:th-Sep-2016, 18:07:10
Last Post: tucpal
  E Tech Spray Tint sheppy1 17 10,053 26:th-Apr-2015, 09:53:22
Last Post: sheppy1