Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
weekend my at the job

My job at the weekend
My job this weekend is fitting these for the wife's mate in her Renault. Oh what joy two women pestering me.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rather you than me on that one. My sister has a Renault didn't enjoy one second of working it.
It's the common temik fault Renault replaced them sometime around 2012 (date stamp on them told me) so I did some digging and found a aftermarket solution.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Nice so what do thwy do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They just replace Renault's controller for the windows.

And the job didn't go too well, changed the part over put everything back together and it wouldn't go up nor down took it all back off and checked the motor found the cable for moving the windows had got jammed and twisted inside and also that after I got her window shut and told her not to open it she opened it and couldn't close it so she got someone else to shut it as it was raining and they cable tied it up.

But they did it around the plastic that clips to the runner and then to the window and broke it, new part on order.

So just put the runners in used some Polly cement and a hot glue gun to temp fix the plastic clip got it closed and put cable ties under the clips on the metal runners so they can't slide down.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This coming weekend JohnL 20 9,732 22:nd-Feb-2015, 20:47:55
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Brilliant start to the weekend JohnL 22 9,518 18:th-Jan-2015, 03:53:43
Last Post: tucpal