Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to 12v socket how rear

How to Rear 12v socket

How-to rear 12v socket.

The first thing you want to check is the fuse board behind the glove box for fuse 6

If you have fuse 6 the remove the fuse board (just pinch the two tabs at the top and pull towards you.

You need to look for Pin 24 and 30 I could only get a pic of 24 but 30 is right underneath it.

If you have them pop up the scrap yard and grab a 12v socket out of Peugeot estate only £1 (or any car you like just make sure it has a cover and don't forget to keep the connector as-well) Also well you in the scrapyard look in the Vauxhall's (in the boot behind the side trim for one of these connectors) again only £1 (Price's may differ between scrapyards).

You want the male side but if possible get both like I did (make sure it has the following pins in)

What I did was file the terminal down to remove the wire and I then solder a new 1.5m cable onto the terminal and the put a bit of heat shirk over. If you just wanted to solder the wires together you can but I want one run with on joints.

Next grab your 12v socket and unplug the connector and remove the power pin and repeat the above step file down and solder the wire on

Repeat above steps for the ground again using 1.5m cable.

Then tape the new loom up (Tip if you can never find the start of the tape just fold a very small bit over at the end so it doesn't stick)

Remove the radio fascia and the gear knob etc and the remove the light around.

In Pin 13 goes the power supply (Yellow) and pin 14 is Ground (Black) These are the pins we got from the Vauxhall.

Hook the battery back up and test it works (You will need the key turned to Accessory).

Next get the rear panel off the end of the center console and put some masking tape and mark out 1.5" up from bottom and 2" in from the side, (Of course this is upto up you need to check the center console from room etc)
Drill the hole I used a 20mm which is a little smaller then just tidied up the edges with a file.

Run the new loom through the center console plug it in and refit the trim.

put the car back together and test it all works.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Worth mentioning Zafira's have the socket in the boot in case you can't find a Peugeot estate at the scrap yard.
JohnL Wrote:Worth mentioning Zafira's have the socket in the boot in case you can't find a Peugeot estate at the scrap yard.

Mine didn't and I had the Top spec was an A-class thou.

It doesn't matter which car it comes from really I just grab them as I saw them and saw they had covers on
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Must be the b's as the father in laws is pretty much bottom of the range. Its next to the tyre pump
excellent how to mate
but so glad i already have one there as standard :cool
Same :-) lol good how to mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
here is my standard factory 12 volt charger in the rear

the c5 estate that ive been using as a shed is going to be scrapped soon, it has 2 of these, im grabbing both lol before the man picks it up, already nicked the nearly new battery for the boat
How do you remove this plastic from center console?

Just pull or needs to be removed completely?
There are 2 screws one each side at the bottom remove them then pull.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks!!!!

Done

Nice job. This is my next project as I've just bought 2 x dual usb sockets off ebay to replace the existing power sockets. (Front and Back....behind the armrest) Will need a couple of connectors  by the looks of it. 

Cheers

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/252250761855?_trk...EBIDX%3AIT
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

(6:th-Jul-2016, 07:26:08)Rusty2009 Wrote: There are 2 screws one each side at the bottom remove them then pull.
I must be missing a trick here, I couldn't get that back panel off. Had both of those size 7 screws out as well. What to do.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OK sorted. Brute Force rules...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 05:52:41), marktourino (3:rd-Jun-2023, 08:04:46), Farkask14 (26:th-Nov-2023, 14:27:31), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:07:15), ozkanuman (18:th-Feb-2024, 20:34:33)