Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
carpet mat recommendations

Carpet mat recommendations
Can anyone recommend me some replacement mats for my 2.0 CDTi Astra-J?

I've currently got the genuine Vauxhall ones (Part No. 13334043), but just after 2 years the drivers side mat has worn a hole in it. The other 3 mats are typically still pristine.

The hole spacing for the floor peg fixings are 310 mm drivers side, and 340 mm for the passenger side. I understand that there are different mats, depending on what model J you have.

The genuine Vauxhall ones (Part No. 13334043) are coming in at around £45 on line.

There is another cheaper genuine one (Part No. UKCVA007) which are around £25, which I guess is thinner and not such good quality.

Has anyone bought non genuine ones, and more importantly are they any good in terms of wear and fitting?
I've not long got these.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...2749.l2649
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(5:th-Sep-2017, 15:21:02)Rusty2009 Wrote: I've not long got these.

Presumably they fit the pegs perfectly? I remember buying some non genuine mats for my old Vectra-C (from value mats . com or somewhere like that). Whilst the quality was ok for the price, the peg holes were approx. 10mm out and there was a slight bulge between them.

As you've not long had them, I guess you won't know what the wearability of them is like yet?
Yes fit the pegs spot on.

that's correct, ill grab some pics later.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Has anyone got the genuine VX rubber ones? I guess they'd be more durable?
I bought these one. Class. Recommend. eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171939314050

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

(6:th-Sep-2017, 18:10:55)Steveb19111978 Wrote: Has anyone got the genuine VX rubber ones? I guess they'd be more durable?

Not necessarily. The rubber ones my dad in his Astra-H lasted less than a year. He then got some GM carpet ones which lasted one hell of a lot longer.

Plus carpet mats look so much better than rubber ones, IMHO.
These are the mats I got for my 1.6T. Both carpet and rubber are good quality. There is a choice of colour trim for the carpet ones.

Rubber Mats

Carpet Mats
(6:th-Sep-2017, 10:05:23)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes fit the pegs spot on.

that's correct, ill grab some pics later.

How are they holding up so far?

I've still not sourced a replacement set of mats yet.
I bought these for my 5DR. Fit perfectly on the pegs, haven't shown any signs of wear yet and just look nice. Cheaper because they're not genuine but I'm happy with them.

They seem to fine so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
To update this thread, I've taken advantage of Vauxhall's 50% off accessories up until the 30th Oct and bought another set of genuine Vauxhall velour mats (Part No. 13334043) for £30.

Thanks for everyone's recommendations though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash cam recommendations Telsun 12 5,792 16:th-Mar-2019, 15:26:08
Last Post: Dooks
  Carpet impossible to vacuum Hummelshøj 5 5,233 5:th-Feb-2018, 16:25:59
Last Post: gazz292
  oil recommendations evo 3 3,963 24:th-Oct-2016, 15:55:30
Last Post: stigeye