Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,815
» Latest member: Merciert_Liis
» Forum threads: 4,546
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
Last Post: Zaf312
4:th-May-2024, 10:48:45
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,234
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 865
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 523
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,659
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 803
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 394
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,291
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 711
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 792

What I've spent today doing.
Posted by: JohnL - 31:st-May-2014, 20:37:37 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (13)

Bit of a background. Bought our 1st house nearly 3 years ago. Previous owner had made quite a few questionable alterations to the house. For example removed the front door and fitted at the side. Made to living rooms and moved the kitchen to the side of the house and in turn made it very small. All this resulted in 3 very weird shaped rooms. Anyway the house was the right price and ticked all the boxes. So 12 months ago we made a start on putting the house back to how it should have been and sorting the rear garden out. This has resulted in the car taking a bit of a back seat and the front garden been left to go wild. Luckily there's only a bush and 1 flower bed that is just full of weeds. The flags that ran along the front of the house were all uneven so we have lifted them and done the following

So this run's along the front of the house from where we re-fitted the front door. It's filled with green slate and two flower pots. As you can see we've still got a load of work to do as the drive is a combination of tarmac and concrete. Not sure what we are going to do yet. We also need to build a wall around the garden and remove the bush that is currently there.

Thanks for looking

Brake calipers
Posted by: Tottybye - 31:st-May-2014, 19:15:36 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (5)

Would people suggest what colour to paint my calipers, I've had green on for a while now and have got bored.
Really stuck what colour to choose.
Cheers

Newbie from Coventry
Posted by: SI SRI - 30:th-May-2014, 22:37:04 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Hello all. My name is Simon from Coventry, currently driving a white 61 plate Astra J SRI 1.6 Turbo. Modifications that are in the pipeline are powder coating the 19s to black, get chrome grill and rear badge wrapped to black and de badge astra and turbo off the rear, get it lowered and then black out the windows. Engine upgrades will include panel filter, dumpvalue. But will keep all updated with progress.

hello from portugal
Posted by: Jonika21 - 30:th-May-2014, 20:54:18 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (4)

hey people !

my name is João and im from portugal !

cheers

different vxr pedals
Posted by: Jonika21 - 30:th-May-2014, 19:23:19 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (8)

Hey guys.

I've bought a set of vxr pedals, but there are two different types of accelerators on J models -.-
Do anyone know where i can get a vxr pedal cover for my type of accelerator or give me a part number ?

My pedal:

What i bought:

Thanks

Any one going to Cholmondeley Pageant of Power
Posted by: Dicko - 29:th-May-2014, 21:25:03 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (2)

Any one going to the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power – 13th,14th and 15th June 2014

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power Event, Cheshire, June 2014 | CPOP

Newbie from Nottingham
Posted by: LiamTurner - 28:th-May-2014, 15:09:11 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (2)

New member from Nottingham if anybody's near notts contact me!

Car meets in Nottingham ?
Posted by: LiamTurner - 27:th-May-2014, 23:15:42 - Forum: Club Event Archive - Replies (5)

I'm new to Vxoc
I was wondering if there are any car meets in Nottingham.
If so are newbies welcome ?

Cam belt. .
Posted by: Simon Templar - 27:th-May-2014, 22:57:08 - Forum: Servicing - Replies (10)

What is the recommended mileage , at which the cam belt should be changed on the 1.7 CDTi diesel. .

How-to Stereo and centre console LED conversion
Posted by: cornishtaz - 27:th-May-2014, 21:22:32 - Forum: LED Conversion's How-to's - Replies (4)

This is How-to for changing the LEDs in the stereo and centre console switches

Tools required
Stubby Philips s/driver
Small flat blade s/driver
7mm socket
T8 driver
Fine tip soldering iron
Qty 30 805 smd leds for stereo

Start by removing the following parts. 1. Rubber mat 2. Plastic cover 3. Gear gaiter

I removed the gear gaiter completely by pushing in the 2 black tabs and lifting the blue collar. You can remove the 2 screws holding the centre console surround, then remove the surround completely.

There a 4 7mm bolts to be removed

2 are located behind two flaps by the centre air vent

Disconnect the elec connectors circled in yellow, remove T8 screws circled in red and remove the stereo buttons from the housing

Remove the 2 T8 screws marked blue in above pic and unclip front panel from 2 small tabs

Remove knobs and rubber cover to expose the circuit board

Tabs for removing TC/Eco/Park assist Switches 1 at each end of the switch

Carefully remove the label and remove switch back unclipping 4 tabs

Replace the lower 805 smd led

Remove 2 7mm bolts holding stereo and display surround

Remove the switch electrical connectors

Door lock switch assembly

Remove the rear of the switch assembly

Qty 2 PLCC-2 leds required(lefthand 2)

Switch led orientation

VXR/Sport led pcb