Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,815
» Latest member: Merciert_Liis
» Forum threads: 4,546
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
Last Post: Zaf312
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 27
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,222
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 864
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 520
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,659
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 799
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 391
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,290
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 710
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 787

How-to LED rear reflectors
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 19:th-Dec-2014, 15:00:27 - Forum: Lighting How-to's - Replies (33)

How-to LED rear reflectors.

You will need the following items.

1. A pair of reflectors.
2. A Stanley knife with some Sharpe blades.
3. Plastex (CLEAR) you can buy it here http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/page20.htm
4. A pair of RED LED strips http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171505511260?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=470532550287&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
5. Sealant.
6. Liquid Ploy.

So start with the reflector

We need to cut though along the blue line

The best way I found was start at the biggest end of the reflector and get the end started

Then you can run the knife along in-between the two parts

Get one of the LED strips ready

Then mask up the front of the reflector

Now place the LED strip into the reflector and into a place you are happy with

Then you need to mark the masking tape at each end, and then carefully score the tape so can remove the ends that are not needed

lay the reflector face down

Now you need the Plastex kit.

Get the Powder bottle

You are going to fill the area where the tape is with the powder you need to make sure it's level.

Then get the bottle of fluid

You need to apply drops of the liquid to the powder

Now set that one side and allow to dry for at least 20 minutes, while it's drying repeat the above steps for your other reflector.

Once you've done that drill a 4mm hole in the back of the reflector housing

Next job is get the reflector and lay it face down and start to install the LED strip, just pull a little of the backing up at each end.

once you have the LED strip in the right position use a small amount of black sealant to stop the light spreading through the rest of the reflector.

Set aside and allow to dry (It might pay wrap a bit of masking tape around each end of the LED strip so it doesn't move).

Once dry stick some bits of tape on the face and then feed the wire though the hole in the backing.

Then using the liquid ploy brush it around both the backing and face (where it joins) you do have to work quickly, then stick them together and wrap the tape around to hold it in place.

Set aside and allow to dry for 30mins or so.

Once that's done run a bead of sealant around the rim and also where the wires are coming out of

That's it it's up to you how you want to wire them up, I've decided to use these as rear fog lights and add an extra reversing light.

Thank's to Baz for the help with this (Baz is doing it for the GTC/VXR).

what do you guys think of these
Posted by: Gilmore - 16:th-Dec-2014, 15:58:50 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

http://britelightleds.co.uk/h7-xml-cree-...h=h7%20led

supposedly as bright as hid?

Hello from up north
Posted by: Ste Sleds - 14:th-Dec-2014, 19:12:16 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Hi
I'm from up in cumbria, just bought the wife a 63 white Astra SRi GTC 1.7cdti.

Urgent help needed
Posted by: richje100 - 14:th-Dec-2014, 15:11:39 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (9)

Hi, replaced brakes on front of car and the stud on the hub snapped.
So there's 4 holding wheel on instead of five.
What's the best way to fix this?
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtuk crd2+
Posted by: Sandym880 - 9:th-Dec-2014, 22:42:19 - Forum: Parts for sale - Replies (1)

Hi everyone , i am selling my dtuk crd2+ plus box and k&n panel filter to fit a astra 2.0 cdti 165bhp engine , i am looking for £220 for it all , check it out on ebay the item number is 271699758631 , thanks

Posted by: Sandym880 - 8:th-Dec-2014, 23:29:13 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (8)

Hi everyone , newbie from ayrshire in scotland , heres my astra 2.0 cdti 165bhp vx line

protection for key
Posted by: n1ibor - 7:th-Dec-2014, 12:56:01 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (9)

Hello,

I think a saw a picture of someones key which had a protection case around is, but i don't remember who it was.
I've searched around the net a bit but didnt find anything, so does anyone know where i can get one?

help me please :(
Posted by: spittle89 - 7:th-Dec-2014, 02:22:36 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (20)

So tonight my car was driving fine i parked in mcdonalds ate my food and then started the engine and thought me engine seems a little louder than normal. So i started driving and i noticed when i change gear say im going from second at 3000rpm to 3rd when i put my foot on the clutch the revs drop to 2000rpm and then it sticks for a few seconds and then drops down to normal :/ any ideas what this is. Does it in every gear but when im on stop and just revvin it is fine 😨😨

Possible help?
Posted by: Tottybye - 6:th-Dec-2014, 18:10:17 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (3)

Does anyone live near iiford? Or llford?

Smoked rear light
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 5:th-Dec-2014, 19:01:50 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (3)

I'm looking for someone with smoked rear lights, the inner LH side (boot) that also has the reverse lens tinted.

If anybody has this would they be willing to swap for a smoked with clear lens?

I would pay postage and more than happy to send mine first so you are not without a car.

This is what I'm after but LH one,

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.