Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,814
» Latest member: MicahSenry
» Forum threads: 4,545
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,141
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 841
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 447
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,638
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 777
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 373
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,209
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 700
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 748
Reversing camera fitted
Forum: Members car's progress threads
Last Post: Astragtc1282
25:th-Jan-2024, 19:53:32
» Replies: 2
» Views: 519

Fitted the badgeless grille!
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:48:48 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (7)

Before:

During:

After:

Love it!

How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:32:06 - Forum: ICE - Replies (138)

Today I made it my mission to fit my Fli 12" subwoofer into my Astra.

Tools you will need:

Speaker to RCA converter: £6.99 from eBay. I suggest this one as it fits snug behind the CD unit: HERE (see photo below)
Screwdriver set (a few sized flat and phillips)
Electrical Tape
Patience & Time.

First of all you're going to want to remove the stereo system. If you're unfamiliar with how to do this, there is a How-to by Rusty2009 HERE that shows you how to do this. Now you need to focus on the big wiring loom/plug that you pulled out of the CD unit and the speaker to RCA converter. Strip the ends of the converter speaker wires and double over to make them a bit thicker. Now look at the back of the wiring loom and it should look like this:

Use this diagram to help connect your speaker to RCA adapter to the correct terminals:

(This is a view from the front and remember, you're working from the back of the loom/plug)

To connect the terminals, just push them into where the current wire is sitting but make sure it gets a grip and doesn't pull out too easy. Once you've pushed all four speaker cables in firmly it should look a bit like this:

Now make sure you re-wrap the group of wires up with the rest of the wires to save them from coming loose and/or falling out.

The reason I recommended the converter I have done is because it sits perfectly behind the CD unit:

I then attached the remote on/off (antenna) cable to the spare terminal in the cigarette lighter the same way as I did with the CD loom/plug.

It's now up to you how you run the cables through to the back of your car. I ran mine underneath the door trim through into the boot.

Another issue that may arise is getting the power cable from the engine bay into the passenger foot well. I used the biggest phillips screwdriver I had and from the the passenger foot well, pushed the screwdriver through the grommet (be careful not to catch any cables). Once I could see the screwdriver from the engine bay side, I taped the power cable to the screwdriver and pulled it back through. This may take a few attempts (electric tape doesn't work).

Once you have the power cable linked up to the battery and inside the car just transport it to the boot as neatly as you can.

For the earth cable, there's an earth point in the right hand light panel in the boot. All I needed was a 10mm washer and nut and the sub was earthed.

Link all the sub cables up to the sub, cross your fingers and crank the stereo up!

If you need anymore pointers, give me a shout in this thread.

Evenin' all!
Posted by: TUFFKNUX - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:22:23 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

I'm Carl and I own a 2012 Astra 1.7 CDTI in "Technical Grey".
Mods/upgrades: Tinted tail lights/high brake light, debadged grille, subwoofer install.

Rear Seat Clips
Posted by: sheppy1 - 11:th-Feb-2015, 17:06:53 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (26)

Hi Guys,

So the cowboy who fitted my seats appears to have not done the back one properly and/or broke the clip while doing it. Basically the back seat isn't clipped into the actual base properly so I can lift it up really easily. From feeling around it feels like one of the metal prongs which is covered with a black plastic clip isn't actually clipping into the base properly...it actually feels like the black plastic clip is broken.

Does anyone know where i can get another one of these from?

Thanks

Hello everyone
Posted by: KAS7866 - 11:th-Feb-2015, 14:43:25 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Hello everyone

I recently got a Vauxhall Astra 1.3 cdti, its fully spec apart from AFL which is a shocker!
Im looking to get VX line 19s on this and tints soon.
Here are some pics below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347[/ATTACH]

Clean Leather Seats
Posted by: sheppy1 - 9:th-Feb-2015, 21:57:05 - Forum: Detailing - Replies (4)

Hi Guys

Looking to clean the leather seats that I now have and wondering if the Autoglym conditioner would be enough or if i should be using the cleaner first followed by the conditioner? Never really had to properly care for any leather seating before and want to make sure i do it properly!

Thanks

Progress Thread: Sheppy1
Posted by: sheppy1 - 8:th-Feb-2015, 18:45:56 - Forum: Members car's progress threads - Replies (1759)

Hi All,

In this original post there are a few of the original mods that I carried out on the car but due to the limitations of the forum I was/am unable to update this post with all of the other mods I carried out (and am still carrying out). So I have had to create new replies throughout the progress thread for each different mod...Please have a browse through the thread to find them all

Also a list of ALL mods I have carried out is on post 408 (link below). I will update this with TEXT only for every mod i do.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...6#pid26326

Any questions about anything I've done please feel free to ask me.

Mods/Retrofits Installed

Leather Arm Rest

This was the first thing I bought for my car, it wasn't cheap (over £120 if i remember rightly) but i really wanted an arm rest in my car! This one was custom ordered from Italy and is real leather:

Alloy Wheels

I never really liked the standard alloy wheels on my energy model so I decided to buy some from eBay and have them fitted, i believe they are from the SE model..

Pedal Box V3

Not sure if this belongs on here but after reading the great reviews of the Peddle Box I decided to get one for my car. I wanted a bit of extra perkiness when I hit the gas and wanted rid of the turbo lag! This thing does just the job

Tinted Repeaters

Soooo I kind of like the dark, tinted style look of the lights on the Astra SRI and higher, want to get the rear lights done eventually but thought I'd start with installing tinted repeaters which I got for around £20 on eBay, nice and easy to install

Ambient GearStick Light

Now THIS is something I’ve always liked, really sets off the look of the interior, was made up when I saw this there was a thread on how to get this thing installed! picked up the part from VX themselves and set about installing it.

Needed everything that was specified in the how to section and simply wired it into the headlight switch connector.

Heated Leather Lumbar Support Seats

Okay this was something I never thought i’d want to do to my car, firstly thought it would be impossible and also thought it would be VERY expensive…managed to get the seats for cheap which came bundled with the door panels too (another project to install those soon). Got them to the garage and found out the seller had screwed me and sold me seats which had the connectors cut off the bottoms of the passenger seats!! I left it with the garage who was able to take the connectors off my old seats and splice them onto the new leather seats…not sure how he got power to the seats for the lumbar support but he did and they now work!

Next part of this project is to buy the heating module from VX and get the heated section of the seats working!

Additional Trip Computer Options

i have also had the additional options of the mid level trip computer display activated, this now tells me my average MPG, average MPH and miles until empty along with current MPG

Removed Energy Badge

There were too many badges on this thing for my liking as standard! So I removed the "Energy" branding from the sides of the car too (can be see in then photos above). Also hardly anything left of the energy model anyway so thought I may as well remove the branding lol

Litter Cup

Not sure if this is classed as a mod or retrofit but I have picked up one of the litter cup things which go in the centre console cup holders...For some reason I like the look of them and also be useful for putting rubbish in rather than stuffing it into random compartments! lol.

VXR Pedals NEW

So my original rubber pedals are starting to wear thin now and the mrs has decided to get me the VXR pedals for my upcoming birthday! They should be coming next week and I'll have them on my car in April Will post photos then.

Elite Centre Console Trim

Decided I wanted rid of the centre console trim that I had and wanted some that would match the new elite door cards i am going to install. Rusty2009 was selling this part so I bought it off him and installed today Thanks again mate!

Elite Leather Door Cards NEW

So I finally get round to installing the leather door cards which I bought a while back along with wiring up the LEDs in the door handles

More photos to come when it goes dark so that you can see the lights better! Thanks to rusty and tucpal for all their help with info and the cables I needed to wire the LEDs up .

Thanks to [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] I now have my rear leather door cards fitted too which have been modified to function with the manual winder as my rear windows aren't electric

IPC/Trip Computer Upgrade NEW

So I was able to upgrade the whole IPC from the rubbish stock one that I had to the one from a higher end model which shows more information and looks a hell of a lot cooler with the larger screen and white (illuminated dial surrounds).

Before

After

Indicator Surround Chrome NEW

It's always annoyed me that my car lacked pretty much all of the chrome trim...I was planning on replacing the whole indicator surround with one that had the space for fog lights and also the built in chrome surround but this was going to be quite pricey so I decided against it. Tucpal directed me to some chrome trim which sits on top of the current black trim and looks identical to the official part! So here it is

Sunglasses Holder NEW

Only a small one this but I swapped something with Rusty in return for a sunglasses holder for the driver side roof and here it is

Heated Driver Seat NEW

I got in touch with Andy from VXMODS who was willing to wire up my heated seats for me. We purchased the module which was needed to activate the seats (see below photo) and then met up today so that he could carry out the work. All went to plan and I now have this working on my car too . Turns out that my seats only have heating modules (and lumbar support) in the drivers seat though which is odd.

Mods/Retrofits To Do

Buy metal door lock pins (not sure if they look tacky or not yet though)

Navi 600..may ask vxmods about this when I get a bit of spare money!

Install fog lights (installed but now waiting for wiring and programming)

Electrical connection for camera
Posted by: AndyF - 8:th-Feb-2015, 18:26:58 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (4)

Hi

I've got a 2014 Astra estate I'm wanting to install hardwire my dash cam and wondering on the best and easiest method

I've had the glove box out and the trim in passenger footwell etc but came a bit stuck when I tried to remove the pillar trim to run cable up the side of the windscreen and along head lining to camera located just behind rear view mirror, so the idea I've had is to possible tap off the interior light, is this easy to remove to get at the wiring? I'm an electrician by trade and have done bits like fitting hands free kits in cars before so the connecting bit isn't a problem it's just removing trim to get at a good supply source

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello
Posted by: AndyF - 8:th-Feb-2015, 18:21:19 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (5)

Just a quick hello from sunny but cold West Yorkshire I'm Andy I have a 14 plate Astra design estate(company car) joined as looking for bits of advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gate garage remote control
Posted by: meiki - 8:th-Feb-2015, 18:09:38 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (11)

Hi. I am from Czech republic and my English isn't good. Sorry. This forum is best for last Astra.
I would like connect my gate garage remote control to phone button on steering wheel. I can't find right pin on connector. I have not bluetooth, but button MUTE works. I have radio CD400. Gate garage remote control power baterry 12 V.
Have you any idea how to do it? Thank you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]336[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)