Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,815
» Latest member: Merciert_Liis
» Forum threads: 4,546
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
Last Post: Zaf312
Yesterday, 10:48:45
» Replies: 0
» Views: 32
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,233
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 865
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 523
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,659
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 802
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 394
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,291
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 711
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 791

Fitting VXR bumpers?
Posted by: Morgan - 14:th-Oct-2015, 19:34:28 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

I'm considering, budget depending on fitting VXR bumpers to my 2.0 CDTI. I've got a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind. I've tried searching but have found no conclusive answers.

Is the front bumper a straight swap? Also are there holes by the fog lights on the VXR bumper, seen some on ebay with holes and wondered if they were VXR bumpers or biturbo or something? 

Is it possible to swap the rear bumper? Would I need a new exhaust? Also any further comments or tips?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks,
Morgan

New car
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 9:th-Oct-2015, 07:58:42 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (3)

So on Tuesday my wife wrote the little pug off.

Spent the day arguing with insurance about a courtesy car (which they will not provide as the car is total loss and Nat caused the accident).
The wife later went to doc's due to bad neck pain who said she had whiplash, insurance won't allow her to claim as "they can't claim the cost back from anybody".

Spent the rest of the day looking at cars as she needed one by today for work, We found a little ford fiesta 1.6TDCI

Plans so far for this car is. 

Double din head unit

Rear elec windows

Heated seats (leather if possible).

front and rear parking sensors (factory fitted).

Progress thread: Balou#14
Posted by: Balou#14 - 9:th-Oct-2015, 07:20:14 - Forum: Members car's progress threads - Replies (243)

This is how my Astra 1.7CDTI looked when I first got it. (only changed the antenna)

This is a list of the changes I have made. 

INTERIOR

LED interior lights
sunglassholder
compartiment in glovebox
opel door sills
OPC metal pedals
velours floormats
brodit phoneholder
aluminium doorpins
Door hinge covers
Bi-turbo steering wheel
OPC line gear knob
Second bootlight
Ambient door lights
Footwell lights
Changed color of numbers on gear knob
Motion sensors in roof console

EXTERIOR

short antenna
black number plate holder
whiter headlights to better match LED DRL
LED number plate lights
Window tints
remove astra and ecoflex logo's from boot
winter wheels 17"
Plasti dip winter wheels
Plasti dip opel logo on boot
tinted side repeaters
Heko winddeflectors
stickers boot
exchanged 17" wheels for 19"
Plasti dip grill
locking wheelnuts
Black wheelnut covers

ENGINE

Pipercross air filter
Battery cover

The most recent photo's I've found are almost a year old so I'm going to make some new ones in the weekend when I can find some time

But this is what my car looked like at that point with the 17" wheels

And with the winter wheels

Hello from Belgium
Posted by: Balou#14 - 8:th-Oct-2015, 10:08:26 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (6)

Hello my name is Jeroen, I live in Belgium and I drive a Astra J 1.7CDTI.
This is my first car and I've had it since october 2012.
I have been doing some modifications since I first got it  
I will be posting an overview of what I've done so far when I have collected all the pictures.

Tyre size
Posted by: Jj0063 - 7:th-Oct-2015, 14:02:29 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (10)

Hi guys

I've got my 19" wheels fitted to my car now but need some new tyres ASAP.

They currently have 255/35/19 fitted but everywhere I've looked online says that they should have 235/35/19 on them.

Anyone able to confirm what tyres I should have?

Cheers
Jordan

My First VX!
Posted by: Morgan - 5:th-Oct-2015, 19:21:06 - Forum: Introduction Area - Replies (4)

Hello, I'm 19, and an Auto Engineering student in Swansea. I've had my Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI for almost a month now, and really loving it! It's my second car, first was my much loved Grande Punto, awful reliability, 77bhp, but I loved it and spent many saturdays detailing it. Wanted something with a bit more punch for my second year driving, so after looking at a few Corsa VXR's and E92 Bimmers, settled on the GTC. I've got a few plans in my head, would love to go for a VXR lookalike, but want to concentrate on buying and setting up my own go kart first. So far I've debadged, led number plate lights and drls, pressed plates, Irmscher plate surrounds and carbon wrapped my front grill. Will get some pics up when I can. Nice to be here and hope to meet up with some of you in the future!

Part number for N/S interior door handle
Posted by: Morgan - 5:th-Oct-2015, 19:06:48 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (5)

Have damaged the interior door handle on my GTC, only the silver bit. Could anyone provide me the part number please? Its the silver trim showed in this photo. Also. does anyone know the location to a guide showing how to remove it?

Thanks,
Morgan

Break Pads and Discs
Posted by: sheppy1 - 5:th-Oct-2015, 14:13:05 - Forum: Servicing - Replies (10)

Hi Guys [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

So I need some new rear break pads and discs and vauxhall have quoted me £262.20 for them. Seems a little steep so thought I'd look around myself.

Anyone either know which brand they use or which good brand I should be using if I'm looking to buy them myself and have them fitted?

Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

New model
Posted by: dutton84 - 3:rd-Oct-2015, 22:23:46 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (1)

Anyone seen the new limited edition GTC? 1.6 petrol 197bhp twin exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fog Light Surrounds
Posted by: sheppy1 - 3:rd-Oct-2015, 21:31:24 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (16)

Hey all

I was going to change the bumper to a VXLINE one but it's too much hassle for me so instead I'll go back to upgrading it to be elite spec lol.

Anyway, anyone either have or know where I can get the fog light surrounds?

Cheers