VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Progress thread: Tonto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Just ordered the LEDs for a conversion. Going to start with headlight switch, window and mirror switch, heater controls, under gear stick, TC button, epb button and door lock buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Thanks mate, luckily my stepdad used to be an electrician so is handy with soldering iron.

Dammit! Stepdad is not confident enough anymore to do my soldering... He could hardly see the LEDs haha, oh well...

@tonto was it you who told me about the shark fine?
Yes mate. What's up?

It came today, looks similar to the one I got but wire is thicker...installed it...works a treat! don't loose any stations and only get a bit of static in built up areas. Nice one for telling me about it!!! Smile black looks fine to me too on my car
Ah excellent mate, glad you got it sorted, they do look so much better! Get some photos up Smile I also only get static in built up areas but for how often I use radio it is totally liveable!

Haha yeah same here! I only have it on maybe once a week for 10 mins or when the mrs is in the car to keep her quiet lol.

Yeah will do tomorrow when it's light mate Smile may look daft at present as its sparkly clean as is the surrounding area but rest of the car is grotty lol.
Haha I washed mine last week and it is absolutely filthy. I'm hoping weather is ok on Saturday so I can wash her! I need to invest in a polishing machine, Polish and decent wax or clay bar. Mrs can treat me for birthday in April lol.

Pahahaha don't ask her eh...just tell her. You can wax and polish mine if you want Wink I just pay someone else to do it lol.

I honestly can't see anything in the mirrors now and I had to clean the headlights as the grit all over them made them almost useless lol
Haha don't think mines that bad!! Nah I've asked for money so I can buy car stuff anyway. The road to doing my own led conversion has been shut down... The LEDs a tricking tiny, stepdads eyes are useless nowadays, plus his soldering iron is goosed so going to get my own, so yeah that's where I'm up to...

Yeaaahhh nice one mate! What you planning on buying then? And hahaha I know what you mean! You could accidentaly inhale one of those leds they are that small!!!
I was like wtf is this! I've never soldered before so I'm stuck!! I have loss I want to do but hoping that what I get and if I have spare cash I can get the heated seats. Shame I can't sell mine until after I have new ones though lol! Then heater panel and steering wheel, but depends how patient I can be as I may end up not doing steering wheel if I have seats just sitting here !

So you had no issues with water getting into the shark fin then? This one also doesn't sit flush with the curved roof along the sides so worry it will fill with water!!!
No issues at all mate, I put red side down on tape. Pushed fin to back of standard aerial and pushed it down and held it in place for 30s-1minute and it's never budged since..

I've washed car etc and it's been perfect!

Hmmmm I think I did it the other way round, I rest the inside of the fin against the top of the factory Ariel thing... Better not leak [PENSIVE FACE] ha

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Well mine hasn't haha!

So today I finally got my bulbs changed over with the help of @Jonathaneuk

Standard [Image: 9ef0c2496e8ce9139158293f37340f1a.jpg]

New drls [Image: 91364284d7961ba4f01b0120fc62210c.jpg]

New headlights with sidelights [Image: d428d06fd72fddc0abc3da587edaa3ec.jpg]

They look so much better and whiter in person. We (well Jonathan) done a little soldering to change my window switches from standard red to green. [Image: c55337ad1e0f04d943c7400ac9b92942.jpg] [Image: 1f42d95f40ebbf3ecdc1f249fbe877dd.jpg]we also changed the Powerfold mirror switch to green but that is not on the car yet as I'm waiting to get all parts before fitting things!

cool well done
Thanks mate, soldering is a complete nightmare haha! Luckily Jonathan was on hand to help me out!

Look awesome them !! Can't wait to do the rest Big grin

Same here mate, just dreading pulling speedo and steering wheel apart haha

Hahaha @tonto me and you are hopeless at soldering aren't we! They look good though and the DRLs are an improvement too [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
Haha yeah we are @sheppy1 but I will persevere and will complete at least one myself! Yeah love the look of the lights now. My resistors have came so just need to order led drls!

Hehe

Looking nice mate
(28:th-Jan-2016, 08:09:12)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking nice mate

Thanks mate!

Eibachs are ordered and I'm fitting them next week as I have the week off! Just in time for the Darlington meet

cool look forward to seeing that
Whoop woop

[Image: 21dc0dbe95188bc6307a7e92986ca670.jpg]

Love them. What drop are they
[Image: 9adea931d3f295c3d133a4958148be14.jpg]

Gonna sit lovely! Just like mine ! Hehe

They're 40mm drop mate @mrtc and yeah just like @Jonathaneuk Smile

Hehe gonna look awesome and handle like a dream !!

I can't wait! Hopefully Monday morning!!!

(11:th-Feb-2016, 20:19:12)Jonathaneuk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 9adea931d3f295c3d133a4958148be14.jpg]

Gonna sit lovely! Just like mine ! Hehe

I want an exhaust like yours! Where can I get one?? I also need a new diffuser if that's the case
@nemo you just cut current diffuser to fit new pipe!

I'd rather pay someone to do that aha, but not if its gonna cost me a leg
Nah just take your time and remember measure twice cut once

Fair enough, how do I get an exhaust? And cheaply, I don't want to pay a garage £200 for some piece of metal
Well funny you should mention, I'm still waiting on @Jonathaneuk speaking to his buddy about doing mine. They made his together as he's a mechanic lol!

Get him to do 2 Wink
Lmao, I think he should say there's at least two guys on forum who want it done.

I spoke to him matey he will do them Smile just need to come down his garage sometime so he can measure it up again and give you a proper price Big grin

Ahh nice one mate, thank you! I'll get on to finding another Sri tip and we'll get down to measure up! Cheers Jonny Smile

No problem buddy Big grin

I'll let @Tonto do the travelling then seeing as we have the same car Wink
Haha cheers @Nemo luckily they're close to me!

Exactly, being in Bradford means I'd have to do a lot of travelling back and forth Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11