Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
tax a remove can only your you hours few left till disc

ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT TILL YOU CAN REMOVE YOUR TAX DISC
Well only a few hours left till you don't need to display your tax disc, I'm going to take mine off now so I don't forget.

Will you take yours off or leave it on?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
what is the new law on displaying it now then as my disc runs out at the end of oct
so do i remove it now or leave it on till it runs out ?
i wont miss it at all it is a ugly looking thing
I still have to display my work parking permit :(
You don't have to display a tax disc after midnight.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
good i will just take it off and put it in the glove box then till it is time to renew then i know i am safe
sod it my disc has now gone

also for anyone who does not know

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...HxP4zepWGQ
well it felt great driving home today without the tax disc
surprising how that little disc blocked the view in the corner
so i wont miss that one bit
Mines off now kept meaning to do it last night but never did so I did it this morning
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Mine came off at 00:01 I went out just after midnight and pealed off the holder. I have put it away with the four tax disks in the folder with the registration document and insurance also the MOT certificate, I will keep it, as I suppose it's a little bit of motoring history. And in a few years it will be good to look back on. I always keep the tax disks that go with the car they belong to, then pass them on to the new owner. The same with the MOTs.
This is the view most seen by others
My wife thinks I'm mad I keep everything even a receipt for a bulb, I keep telling her it's part of the cars history and it helps to get a higher price.

This being my first new car I've even kept the deposit receipt.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Tax disc and holder were removed last night Windscreen is all clear now I've kept the holder and tax disk though and will be sticking them in the folder with all the receipts for the car.

One of the GTE's I had in the past pretty much had a receipt for everything it had ever had including wiper blades/ dust caps etc. Also it had every tax disc and MOT certificate.
The last time I swapped my car, I gave an A4 envelope with the car it had all MOTs a print off of all the petrol that I had ever put into it also like Rusty all receipts for bulbs and whatever I had bought. The salesman nearly had a heart attack. I bet he thought what a plonker. But it is a habit I got into from the time when I was a rep and you had to keep records, as the company had asked questions about the running of the car sometimes going back a few years.
I don't keep fuel receipts I must say see no point as I can't claim anything back off the tax man.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It was just something I had to do & then send them at the end of the month. I just kept doing it. I put it all onto the computer it then tells me how many miles I get to the gallon an the cost pr mile also the cost pr month and year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's an idea for you old TAX DISC Holder Rusty2009 2 3,986 5:th-Nov-2014, 19:12:50
Last Post: Lewis6317
  TAX DISC tucpal 5 4,589 26:th-Aug-2014, 20:41:24
Last Post: Cameron UK
  Working hours..... Cameron UK 9 6,203 29:th-May-2014, 21:19:32
Last Post: Dicko